Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ex Cobra Warrior parking restrictions

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
baz1

Re: Ex Cobra Warrior parking restrictions

Post by baz1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 am

maybe they have realised what extra congestion that would cause on the A15 with traffic backing up and people fiddling about with money and giving change etc
Comfortably Numb

Thor

Post by Thor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:30 am

Just been told that the layby on White Lane/Tower Lane is closed off on the airfield side of the road, so no parking there. That's the side with the track down to the crashgate, so I'd guess that fenceline access at the 02 end will not be available.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 am

no surprise there then, the powers that be will be reading this thread and face ache I guess we don't do ourselves any favours but that's social media for you has its good and bad points.!!
Comfortably Numb

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am

Thor wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:30 am
Just been told that the layby on White Lane/Tower Lane is closed off on the airfield side of the road, so no parking there. That's the side with the track down to the crashgate, so I'd guess that fenceline access at the 02 end will not be available.

I think the important thing to note is all these restrictions are being put in place to deter protesters etc getting near the fence line and not directly aimed at spotters/photographers, its a real shame that we are not going to have the usual good access to the perimeter at Waddington but that`s the times we live in , I am sure that if the IDF were not involved there would not be anywhere near this amount of restrictions

We are all just going to have to make the best we can out of a not great situation, The MOD/RAF/Lincolnshire Police could have closed WAVE also but have taken into consideration the needs of the few people who want to come and watch the planes over these few weeks or so

And whilst i wholeheartedly support everyone's right to free speech and protest etc, please go and do it somewhere else and not at Waddington next month
Phil

Thor

Post by Thor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

pg1610 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am
I think the important thing to note is all these restrictions are being put in place to deter protesters etc getting near the fence line and not directly aimed at spotters/photographers, its a real shame that we are not going to have the usual good access to the perimeter at Waddington but that`s the times we live in , I am sure that if the IDF were not involved there would not be anywhere near this amount of restrictions
That's pretty much the reason as I understand it, and it's completely understandable. The restrictions will have been imposed as a result of credible threats related to the IDF presence. Whilst these restrictions may restrict our ability to get the photos we'd like, ultimately it's temporary for the duration of this exercise, and there are plenty of other locations to photograph from around the base.

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 am

Thor wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am
pg1610 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am
That's pretty much the reason as I understand it, and it's completely understandable. The restrictions will have been imposed as a result of credible threats related to the IDF presence. Whilst these restrictions may restrict our ability to get the photos we'd like, ultimately it's temporary for the duration of this exercise, and there are plenty of other locations to photograph from around the base.
Thor don`t forget not everybody are photographers some of us will be just after the numbers(both in my case) so it may be a little more difficult for them but I am sure we will all get what we want in some way or another , it will probably just take a little more effort than usual
Phil

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:45 pm

The entrance to the Waddington shows from the south was usually off the Grantham Road, through the farmyard and the fence close to the southern end of the runway. When the Vulcan and 2 Lancasters did their take off and flyby of the Bomber Command Memorial, the farmer opened up his field by this entrance; could be a good way to save congestion.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm

So is it just the lay by closest to the base that’s shut off, what about the other one on the opposite side of the road?

What’s the public access laws down in England, can they stop you from walking down the track towards the crash gate and into the field between said track and approach lights?

Thor

Post by Thor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:01 pm

iainpeden wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:45 pm
The entrance to the Waddington shows from the south was usually off the Grantham Road, through the farmyard and the fence close to the southern end of the runway. When the Vulcan and 2 Lancasters did their take off and flyby of the Bomber Command Memorial, the farmer opened up his field by this entrance; could be a good way to save congestion.
Great idea, except that field's now a building site/housing estate I believe...

Thor

Post by Thor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Thunder wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm
So is it just the lay by closest to the base that’s shut off, what about the other one on the opposite side of the road?

What’s the public access laws down in England, can they stop you from walking down the track towards the crash gate and into the field between said track and approach lights?
Yes, just the one closest to the base is closed. The track is private land, I believe; if so, the landowner can stop access to it. I have been told this evening by my neighbour that it will be taped off to deter pedestrian access but still allow crash access in the event of an emergency. The field is also private land, I really wouldn't be surprised if the farmer has been requested to deny use of the land around the delta/echo ramps to allow for a 'buffer zone' between the fence and the road given the tightness of the other restrictions around the base.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Probably be the easier to ask the IDF to operate from Lakenheath ! ( Please)

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:14 am

Probably be simpler to cancel or relocate the exercise and stop all the aggravation it looks like it is going to cause in the Waddington area.

Move it to Machrihanish, nice and quiet, long runway and plenty of apron space. A long drive from almost everywhere, and it definitely is from personal experience going there twice for some USMC machines!

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 am

Probably easier for us to all got to Israel for a week

seems to be less access restrictions,
more jets ,
far more sunshine,
Phil

baz1

Post by baz1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:23 am

we are doing well upto 12 pages now even before the support arrives!
Comfortably Numb

Vulcanone

Post by Vulcanone » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:04 am

Can it make 13.....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 am

Well this Ex is probably the only excitement we’ve had for a few years and probably for the next few as well. Shame it’s being spoilt from our prospective by these so called peace protesters and activists.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am

lets hope they will be out numbered by spotters, maybe a clash or two?
Comfortably Numb

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 am

baz1 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am
lets hope they will be out numbered by spotters, maybe a clash or two?
No need for any clashing of anyone or anywhere, this is why we have this problem to start with fear of violence etc from people who`s views are extreme and do not allow for both sides of the argument to be heard
Phil

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:20 pm

[/quote]
etc from people who`s views are extreme and do not allow for both sides of the argument to be heard
[/quote]

That reference to the old Military or Civil spotter debate ;)

jamesg23

Post by jamesg23 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 pm

The base didnt want people down at crash gate 5 when the galaxy turned up a few months back and tried stopping people taking photos, so its no surprise they have put a restriction on this area.

Return to “RAF Waddington”