Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ex Cobra Warrior parking restrictions

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
Blipper

Re: Ex Cobra Warrior parking restrictions

Post by Blipper » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:57 am

Ref so called additional parking the areas south of the WAVE is access to a fire service training centre with operational staff and appliances, this will have to have access at all times.
Please lets not be responsible for an emergency vehicle not being able to get to someone who needs it.

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 am

baz1 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:58 pm
Gary wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:14 pm
Anyone planning on going to Waddington from North Norfolk. Might want to plan ahead, especially if you plan to visit during the 2nd week. Sutton Bridge bridge is going to be closed during September. Although the date has changed several time already :lol:
thats going to be abit of a detour for some peeps A17/Wisbech/ 1101/ A17 a big loop
The original post is not quite correct. The bridge will still be open but single lane controlled by temporary traffic lights. Time taken to get across could be horrendous :Oops:

Andy Marden

Post by Andy Marden » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am

Blimey, up to 8 pages on parking. Maybe rename the exercise "Cobra Worrier" or "Cobra Flap"?

TB1

Post by TB1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 am

Excellent point.

Good job we have hardly any exercises over here!!

The forum would grind to a halt.

Trevor

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:06 am

plmc135 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 am
baz1 wrote:
Gary wrote:
Anyone planning on going to Waddington from North Norfolk. Might want to plan ahead, especially if you plan to visit during the 2nd week. Sutton Bridge bridge is going to be closed during September. Although the date has changed several time already :lol:
thats going to be abit of a detour for some peeps A17/Wisbech/ 1101/ A17 a big loop
The original post is not quite correct. The bridge will still be open but single lane controlled by temporary traffic lights. Time taken to get across could be horrendous :Oops:
Shouldn't be too bad at 2am when a few spotters I can think of will be leaving to get a parking spot for Cobra flap!

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 am

slogen51 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:06 am
plmc135 wrote:
baz1 wrote:

Shouldn't be too bad at 2am when a few spotters I can think of will be leaving to get a parking spot for Cobra flap!
By the way people are talking by 2am the queue to get into the WAVE will be backed upto Sutton Bridge anyway!! :lol: #CobraFlap

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 am

plmc135 wrote:
baz1 wrote:
Gary wrote:
Fowlers were originally warned of a complete closure and early September, I see the latest is one lane and starting 23rd so shouldn't affect now :lol: . Apart from the 2 days early in September
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

baz1

Post by baz1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:50 am

typical roadworks
Comfortably Numb

Van Bullitt

Post by Van Bullitt » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Andy Marden wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am
Blimey, up to 8 pages on parking. Maybe rename the exercise "Cobra Worrier" or "Cobra Flap"?
:pop: :thumbs: :D :D :lol: :lol:

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Still got plenty of mileage to go to catch up with the 70 pages about RIAT :halo:

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 pm

plmc135 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:57 pm
Still got plenty of mileage to go to catch up with the 70 pages about RIAT :halo:
Hold my beer . :lol: :lol:
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

blakey

Post by blakey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Just had a reply from my reporter friend who's contacted the base for a statement

Well well well !!!

And i quote....

"Its a voluntary £5 donation for exercise cobra the WAVE suggested this"

Statement from the base
Lee Blake

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Maybe they should/could offer pre booked parking spaces at £20 with a Bacon roll and coffee thrown in with proceeds going to charity. Would save the queues every morning and support local charities?

baz1

Post by baz1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:54 pm

i wonder who is going to accept the £5 donation fee??
Comfortably Numb

britaylor

Post by britaylor » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Its about time someone from the WAVE produce the correct facts and not mr Clayton whos head up on the WAVE f/b started all this for insurance open at 7 am when at Coningsby few years ago the car park had over night parking when the Lanc came across

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:23 pm

britaylor wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:14 pm
Its about time someone from the WAVE produce the correct facts and not mr Clayton whos head up on the WAVE f/b started all this for insurance open at 7 am when at Coningsby few years ago the car park had over night parking when the Lanc came across
Not sure who this Clayton chap is you refer to, the Owner, John has posted on the f/b page they will make further announcements in due course, as and when info becomes available.

Best we don't speculate any further, until we know.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:24 pm

blakey wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm
Just had a reply from my reporter friend who's contacted the base for a statement

Well well well !!!

And i quote....

"Its a voluntary £5 donation for exercise cobra the WAVE suggested this"

Statement from the base
Lee, it seems like you have an axe to grind with John at the WAVE, you have constantly called it "the burger van in the corner" and you know darn well that it is not a burger van - so why belittle the place?

Has your "reporter friend" spoken to the correct department at RAF Waddington?

Could you tell us all who this "reporter friend" actually is, or is that some sort of secret?
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

blakey

Post by blakey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Ive already stated ive no axe to grind with John or the WAVE, infact after learning the tariff came from the base it was with them i had the issue and why i asked Lincolnshire Live to get involved, that carpark was given to spotters to enjoy the hobby for free (like all viewing areas up and down the country) not for us to be charged an admission fee when it suited.
Lee Blake

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm

I agree with you about the WAVE being a place for us all to park free of charge and I'm totally disgusted that every occupant of every car should have to pay £5 during this exercise. I really hope that under 16s and OAPs don't have to pay - I haven't seen that mentioned so far, though.
I'm not going to mention blue badge holders, that is an entirely different story. :whistle:

So you have a long queue of cars waiting patiently to enter the WAVE (and stopping the traffic flow on the A15), they are all full of different age groups (kids, Mums, Dads, OAPs and the driver has a blue badge (that they have borrowed from their mate's Auntie :whistle: ) - that's going to really help, isn't it?

The whole idea of charging is mad, absolutely firkin bonkers and how can they possibly expect to charge every human being in every car £5 :lol:

The funniest thing I ever saw (talking about being charged per person here) was at the Aviation Viewing Park at Manchester airport a couple of years ago. I had just arrived when a chav car arrived and parked about 10 yards to the right of me, the driver got out, opened his tailgate and 3 guys got out. The AVP charges are per car, not per person! :lol:
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

stealth117

Post by stealth117 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 pm

I kind of agree with Lee on this one. The WAVE is there for free on any "normal" day but not whilst this ex is going on. I don't remember anyone having to pay when the ACMI exercises used to take place and that used to involve alot more aircraft than what will turn up for this (I know, there's less variety and amount of aircraft nowadays). I feel like if this charge is implemented, then every time something good happens at waddington then we are going to have to pay to see it. In my opinion this is just milking us for the sake of it as I would be very surprised if ATC ask for the pilots to do extra approaches or anything like that for us "paying punters" in the WAVE. And yes, before anyone says the military are not there for our benefit, I get that, but if we are having to pay to be in the area to see the goings on then maybe they could give a little in return (if fuel allows for extra approaches etc)

Rant over 😁, I realise this may not be how everyone sees it but I don't think Lee should be getting the amount of flak for airing his opinion.

P.s I will still end up paying the charge to park 😂
Last edited by stealth117 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “RAF Waddington”