Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Damage to fence near CG1

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
POL

Re: Damage to fence near CG1

Post by POL » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Interesting that that letter talks about the damage to the fence being caused by a bike, not an enthusiast.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:43 pm

If you saw the damage to the fence you would soon realise that whilst the largest area of damage was caused by the bike some of the damage was clearly caused by people with wire cutters, and was conveniently lens sized and appropriate in height for such a use.

Reheat Module - (I know you are actually called `reheat module' but I think you'll find that when words are used as proper nouns they should be capitalised) - I appreciate the time and effort that Squadron Leader Smy put into responding to our letter, and the fact that the base are very aware of, and appreciative of, the interest shown by members of the public. They could so easily have commissioned tall wooden fencing as was suggested was going to be the case, but knowing how much the area around the crash gate is used by the public opted to use a fence of similar nature. Accordingly rather than making yourself look a bit of a prat, why not show some appreciation for the time taken to respond and the spirit of co-operation.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Good news for the locals and visitors at Coningsby - (sadly not me :( ).

A nice reply from the base - which shows that the good relations continue there between enthusiast and the station.

Just hope that if the fence is ever cut open again by these idiots, that next time witnesses rather than do nothing, photograph and
phone the police or base immediately and prosecutions can take place.

POL

Post by POL » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 pm

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:43 pm
They could so easily have commissioned tall wooden fencing as was suggested was going to be the case, but knowing how much the area around the crash gate is used by the public opted to use a fence of similar nature.
That's what you took from the letter? You may need to re-read it!

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 pm

When I mention "wooden fence" I mean as was suggested to be the case on here, not by the RAF. And I appreciate that the letter states that such fencing is not one of their requirements.

Suffices to say the fence being fitted is similar to the one currently there (except without the damage) for whatever reason - and not a wooden fence as otherwise rumoured and for a significant number of people that is great news.

Return to “RAF Coningsby”