Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lakenheath/Mildenhall runway closures Thursday 17th March

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Lakenheath here
TealRain

Lakenheath/Mildenhall runway closures Thursday 17th March

Post by TealRain » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:20 pm

Afternoon all

First time poster but a long time reader.

Anybody know what's happened at LN this morning? I was at home working and had the Bearcat on, I started hearing coms that first LN was closed, Ops unavailable and then A2A that "an Eagle had hit the deck" at Mildenhall? This was about 11ish something like that, with subsequent divertions to Marham. Any one know what's occuring?

Cheers

Mark

clarke

Re: Lakenheath/Mildenhall runway closures Thursday 17th Marc

Post by clarke » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi
think Eagle burst a tyre
dave-c

passat man

Post by passat man » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:21 pm

HI,

I was over the back of Ln from around 1030 to 1100, loads of unusual activity from the eagles flying across the field and high level circuits, followed by an eagle landing and coming to a full stop on the runway, plenty of fire crew activity around it, but unsure of the exact cause...a C17 was trying to land at this time and aborted landing, unsure where it went.

There was also another C17 and some/all of the polish visitors on the deck, and activity with H60s taking off.

If anyone has a log for this time it would be appreciated, as mine was a quick visit to see the 'hiding polish' without decent bins.

cheers

Steve

TealRain

Post by TealRain » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:56 am

Thanks to both of you for the update. All being well I hope to get to LN next week for a couple of days.

Cheers

Mark

Return to “RAF Lakenheath”