Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Future of the Fairford deployment section

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Fairford here
Thunder

Re: Future of the Fairford deployment section

Post by Thunder » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:50 pm

To be honest, those people that moaned and groaned more or less everyday of deployment are infrequent visitors to the site and hardly if at all provided any worthwhile input over the past 5 weeks. Most of the guys that have already commented within this thread provided most of the info and although they feel improvements can be made(rightly so), they still just got on with doing what they do best for the benefit of others. :clap:

A lot of info came from other people outwith this thread, who I’ve already said thanks to.

thevulcan

Post by thevulcan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:16 pm

At the end of the day whatever option is chosen I'm sure it will be a beneficial decision to all and will help to allow all of us on here to share our hobby of aviation with each other. To the next deployment. I would like to say thanks to everyone who helped with information and movement tracking it really does help. I know I have not been the best at tracking info but considering my first proper bomber deployment I don't think I did half bad apart from my annoying questions which will stop. :Oops:
2023 Airshows

Too many to list :thumb:

_alphabravo

Post by _alphabravo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:00 pm

In my opinion just use Option 3 - One shop does all and you cant go wrong!

saint1

Post by saint1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:21 pm

The (bomber) deployment section used to work quite well and I found it beneficial (particularly when the 5 posts rule applied to it) but it has steadily been getting worse and is now more trouble than it's worth. I favour all in Fairford section under a specific FFD Notam or topic for the day (Option 3). What could possibly go wrong :whistle:

Oh and a big thanks to the Admin / mods for trying to keep it all in check - closing down troublesome threads (fast) works best :thumb:

Saint1

raameagle

Post by raameagle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Option 3. Once the aircraft have arrived (let's use B-52s as examples), they should be in the Fairford section as that is the base they are deployed to. On their way from CONUS to Fairford they could begin in the the 'Heads up UK' thread because that's what it would be, a heads up that they are coming.

Thunder is quite correct too with his ' What needs sorting out is the amount of duplicate posts which are being posted by members too lazy to read through the threads, when the answer has already been addressed, the amount of drivel, speculation, off topic and misplaced posts needs addressing also.' remarks! I agree entirely.

Regards

Mark

POL

Post by POL » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:34 pm

raameagle wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm
Option 3. Once the aircraft have arrived (let's use B-52s as examples), they should be in the Fairford section as that is the base they are deployed to.
But why should Fairford be different to every other base in the country where people are quite capable of posting daily movement threads in the correct place - Heads Up & OTT.

Why is a member needing to go to the Fairford section to find out about B-52s over Yorkshire, Scotland, etc.?

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:39 pm

We are never going to get a 100% fool proof idea/system where 19498 members are going to be happy, we will all have to make allowances of some sort.

In my opinion it's logical to have the Bombers or any other deployments for that matter within the section for the base they are operating from, whether it be Fairford, Leeming or Waddington. I understand to an extent why some see they should be under the 'Heads Up' section, but again in my opinion I feel that any info could get lost within all the other 'heads up' threads. Although the 'Bomber' deployments only generate a few sorties a day these tend to exceed 8hrs and the threads tend to be busy in the lead up to and immediately after departures and landings, with that threads could potentially drop off the first page, which could lead to multiple threads as we know people tend not to search post the first page.

Using FFD/Bombers as an example: What if daily operations were initially put in the 'heads up' section on a daily basis, then archived within the Fairford section under a broader subsection?

Return to “RAF Fairford”