Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

NOTAM 17-9-20

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Fairford here
Raski

Re: NOTAM 17-9-20

Post by Raski » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Slogen, you make a very excellent point about the QRA movements which I had overlooked! Surely that point alone puts to bed the frankly absurd assertion that posting these callsigns and movements jeopardises "the effectiveness of an operational mission or the personal security of military personnel" and "concerned for the safety of its airmen and worried about the security of its operations" ? Does the same not apply to the QRA movements then, or is that all fine and dandy, because Russia, and they're the baddies so they deserve it ? :huh:

Presumably these members up in arms over the posting of U2 movements would be in full support of a complete ban on QRA topics for the same reasons? And while we're at it, ban all posts in the RCH section as many of the C17s are carrying HAZMAT, also ban all posts in the AFSOC forum, ban SAM movement posts, in fact just ban everything and close the site down as it's all potentially compromising "the effectiveness of an operational mission or the personal security of military personnel" ! :roll: :lol:

Where does it end? Even if I stopped posting them one or more of the other 'in the know' members would pick up the baton and post them instead and if you did outright ban it then everyone would just migrate to twitter where there's at least a dozen different accounts posting military movements and 'heads ups' every day.

I'm happy to reconsider the matter if/when Jigsaw posts the statement from the squadron but until then I see no harm in posting the ETD and callsign from my sources as I don't believe there is any threat to "national security" nor would it jeopardise "the effectiveness of an operational mission or the personal security of military personnel".

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Great

I probably should move the off topic stuff into a new thread but it is time consuming and I am watching Casablanca.

Rule 8 of the FC rules states : This forum is concerned with military movements only. However Government aircraft which are pseudo-military are allowed as are Coastguard Aircraft of all nations.

Therefore if anyone disagrees with posting military movements then this probably isn't the forum for you.

I can see both sides of the argument and it could be a horrible can of worms but I can only reiterate that posting callsigns is not against the FC rules - Maybe the destination should be suppressed but again it is not against the current FC rules although common sense should prevail.

Also Rule 4 is in my opinion the most important rule to abide by'

Raski

Post by Raski » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Well, several days have gone by and I haven't seen any evidence posted to support the aforementioned claims :roll: . I think we can safely conclude that it doesn't exist and move on.

Return to “RAF Fairford”