Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Best Parking options

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Brize Norton here
Typhoon96

Best Parking options

Post by Typhoon96 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm hoping to take a trip to Brize Norton in the not too distant future. Having never been spotting at Brize Norton before I am after some advice...
Where are the best places for parking at the runway 26 end? (Without causing any issues). I am aware of the spotting map on this forum and the Thunder and Lightnings guides but these mention parking in the village - can anybody advice where the best place in the village to park is (again without causing issues for the locals and not parking where I shouldn't)? I assume a walk along the verge is the norm to the runway end from the parking location?

Thanks!

chrism8

Re: Best Parking options

Post by chrism8 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:54 pm

There's an industrial estate 5 mins walk from the end of the runway, free and easy parking, postcode is OX18 3QQ

Typhoon96

Post by Typhoon96 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks for the reply! My only concern is that on the Thunder and Lightnings viewing guide it says "So, back down the lane to the main road. Turn left at the end, and you'll very soon see the entrance to the Viscount Court industrial estate - unfortunately this area is no longer useful for parking as the owners of the industrial estate have now employed the services of a car clamping firm." Is this advice now out of date? Are there usually any issues?

thevulcan

Post by thevulcan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:59 pm

Best bet for parking is either end of the 25 approach mate as long as you don't obstruct the crash gates there is ample room for several cars and a relatively safe area to park as well. In terms of 07 there is a nice large car park in the willow meadows (Postcode Carterton OX18 1PF)located on the edge of Carterton if you follow the tarmac path (leading into fields) you will come across the perimeter fence and a perimeter path which is accessible right the way around the 07 end all the way around to the 47 squadron crash gate. If you happen to have Google maps or Google Earth installed the concrete path can been seen clearly around the airfield perimeter. Hope this helps have a safe and hopefully busy day of action. :thumb:
2023 Airshows

Too many to list :thumb:

Typhoon96

Post by Typhoon96 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:16 am

Thanks for the info, it is appreciated!

Yorky

Post by Yorky » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:49 am

Parked by crash gate 25 end this am well clear and tucked in but moved on as was someone else.

nellis6

Post by nellis6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Do not park in the industrial estate - you will get clamped!
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

Member, IFNM Press Agency
www.ifnm.org

Member, Canon Professional Services
www.canon.co.uk

GaryS

Post by GaryS » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Last time I went,I parked at the village hall and walked up.

laserbrain

Post by laserbrain » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 pm

I'm in the area this week, will be first attempt at Brize... was going to use  willow meadows car park and have a walk around.
Is Brize fairly spotter friendly?
Much going on this week?
Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

TREBAX_RAVEN

Post by TREBAX_RAVEN » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:51 pm

I live in swindon and when i visit brize i just pull up on the side of the road on the grass on station road. Shouldn't cause any problems, with regards to how busy it is there is something circuit bashing evrey day if not there will definitely be something coming in from Europe. Hope this helps👍
Tribute to 47 squadron

laserbrain

Post by laserbrain » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go

Goldstar31

Post by Goldstar31 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:19 pm

633 squadron wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:51 pm
I live in swindon and when i visit brize i just pull up on the side of the road on the grass on station road. Shouldn't cause any problems, with regards to how busy it is there is something circuit bashing evrey day if not there will definitely be something coming in from Europe. Hope this helps👍
Do not park between the lights as it is a clearway and there are signs showing this, there are also signs stating no waiting on the verge or footpath. It is illegal and inherently dangerous. Perfect example were the 3 cars parked on the verges this afternoon 23rd July 2020, A red VW Scirocco registration R90 UFO, a silver Vauxhall Corsa GJ59 YWY....the occupants of this vehicle found it good to be on top of their car right next to the approach, and on the opposite side directly across from these was a red Renault Kadjar S8 GCE. Parking like they have will, and at any other base before the elitism tag gets banded around, get spots elsewhere closed off and as there is hardly any parking spots available ruin it for everyone
3 miles south of MAM-GITUS-MAM
20 miles south of MAM-DIKAS-MAM
1 mile north of UL9/14/18

Return to “RAF Brize Norton”