Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Please post movements and activities to do with RNAS Yeovilton and Merryfield here
Merlin131
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Merlin131 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:30 pm

ZZ113, latest AW101 for Norway had it’s first flight late this afternoon

User avatar
Freeman Lowell
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: Next to Mrs Kipling in Blandford Forum

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Freeman Lowell » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:43 pm

Thanks Merlin131. I thought it might be that using 43C47E, this time around. Short FF though, wasn't it?
Freeman

MCB
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by MCB » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 pm

>ZZ113, latest AW101 for Norway had it’s first flight late this afternoon

Call-sign?

Malcolm
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Malcolm » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Saturday 6th November 2021

Engines running and rotors turning at 13:15L today (Saturday!) is

ZR286 AW101 614 full colours

Cheers
Malcolm

Merlin131
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Merlin131 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:20 pm

MCB wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 pm
>ZZ113, latest AW101 for Norway had it’s first flight late this afternoon

Call-sign?
Westland01

Merlin131
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Merlin131 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:18 pm
Saturday 6th November 2021

Engines running and rotors turning at 13:15L today (Saturday!) is

ZR286 AW101 614 full colours

Cheers
Malcolm
Shut down at 1320 ish

Malcolm
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Malcolm » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:01 pm

And, she flies. Looks like the ICAO may be [43C927]. One of the best looking merlin schemes so far (heavy crop)...

Image

TomJH
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:05 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by TomJH » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm

Tuesday 9th November:

Norwegian AW101 ZZ113 noted flying today as WHE01.

Judwin71
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am
Location: 3 miles south of Judwin

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Judwin71 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:48 am

0945 AW189 I-RAIU flying as WHE01

Cygnus237
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:02 pm
Location: South of VLN

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Cygnus237 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:08 am

TomJH wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm
Norwegian AW101 ZZ113 noted flying today as WHE01.
WHE01 came over yesterday at 13:49z and it was pinging 43C7E8.

Is it safe to assume that that hex is assigned to ZZ113? Thanks in advance for any info provided.

TomJH
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:05 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by TomJH » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Cygnus237 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:08 am
TomJH wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm
Norwegian AW101 ZZ113 noted flying today as WHE01.
WHE01 came over yesterday at 13:49z and it was pinging 43C7E8.

Is it safe to assume that that hex is assigned to ZZ113? Thanks in advance for any info provided.
Correct, 43C7E8 is ZZ113.

raameagle
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by raameagle » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:45 pm

Seen between 1130 and 1445 today (11th November) were:

I-RAIU AW189
ZH584 Lynx
ZZ113 AW101 flew PM
ZZ378 AW159
ZZ513 AW159

A painted Polish AW101 was seen inside that hangar but not read off or countable in my opinion.

Regards

Mark

razzer56
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by razzer56 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 am

Westlands Thursday 11th November.

Sea King HC.4 ( G-CMDO /ZA 314 ) / WT also flew around the Airfield a couple of times shortly after 14.00 before heading off back to presumably Chard
razzer56

User avatar
ridgmeister
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 am
Location: Wadworthshire

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by ridgmeister » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:48 am

Polish Merlin outside at 09:45.
Paul

Compass_base
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:14 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Compass_base » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm

19/11/21

ZZ102 flew
ZZ113 Ground Run
ZH864 (with bag) Ground Run
ZH584 flew
AW149 outside

Did miss an arrival possible AW139

Judwin71
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am
Location: 3 miles south of Judwin

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Judwin71 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:31 am

Compass_base wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm
19/11/21

ZZ102 flew
ZZ113 Ground Run
ZH864 (with bag) Ground Run
ZH584 flew
AW149 outside

Did miss an arrival possible AW139
According to RadarBox there were two A139's flying about midday yesterday.
G-ETPP Castle Air just flying in the overhead.
G-RBHF Starspeed which I think landed.
Keith

Judwin71
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am
Location: 3 miles south of Judwin

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Judwin71 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:14 pm

1510 AW101-612 Flying as WHE01 ZZ113.

TomJH
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:05 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by TomJH » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:41 am

Judwin71 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:14 pm
1510 AW101-612 Flying as WHE01 ZZ113.
Tuesday 23rd also noted from the fence:

WHE01 AW101 for Norway (ZZ113) flew twice (AM and PM)
WHE02 Lynx for Portugal (ZH584) flew AM
Civilian AW139 departed at lunch time
WHE07 AW101 for Poland (ZR286) ground run PM.

Malcolm
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Malcolm » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:31 am

Wednesday 24th November 2021
Out on a gloomy and overcast ramp at 08:45 this morning was

ZR286 AW101 614 full colours

Cheers
Malcolm

Judwin71
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am
Location: 3 miles south of Judwin

Re: Yeovil (Westland) Sightings 2021

Post by Judwin71 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:09 am

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:31 am
Wednesday 24th November 2021
Out on a gloomy and overcast ramp at 08:45 this morning was

ZR286 AW101 614 full colours

Cheers
Malcolm
Flying at 1500 as WHE07.

Post Reply

Return to “RNAS Yeovilton, Yeovil Westlands & Merryfield”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests