Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Wildcat exercise chivenor

Please post movements and activities to do with RMB Chivenor here
Chivyboy

Wildcat exercise chivenor

Post by Chivyboy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:48 am

Chivenor has a exercise this week with 3x wildcats ops from the old 19 sqn pan. This pan seems to have been done up lately with fences being taken down and markings put on pan ie held spots. It’s looks new so maybe it’s going to be used a lot. Military heli have been using lomas heli site at westward ho, due to no fuel at chivenor, seeping the ex 19 sqn pan done up and heli using it makes me think chivenor will be used more, I understand a chinook was seen parked up there last week,.

Chiv 1980

Re: Wildcat exercise chivenor

Post by Chiv 1980 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Hello Chivyboy
Yes this could be a good move by the Mod Royal Marines such a shame that they hadn't thought of moving some of the current transport away from the former RAF A Flight 22 Squadron Pan and hangar and use that area of the airfield away from all the existing Royal Marines areas of the airfield. Such a big area of the airfield that A Flight 22 Squadron had that it would be ideal to locate any Helicopter exercises in that area of the airfield whilst still keeping Lomas Helicopters at Westward Ho as a fuel stop whilst keeping a local business and local jobs in North Devon.
Thank You John.

Chiv 1980

Post by Chiv 1980 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm

No Wildcat exercise at Chivenor this afternoon I have personally walked up from my home which is a 15 minutes away and there was no Wildcats on the ground or overhead in the airspace also no ground crew or equipment relating to the exercise involving the 3 Wildcats.

Chivyboy

Post by Chivyboy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:27 pm

Jon 3x wildcats left chivenor at 22.15 thurs. they were ops from area around old tower.they must have all been out when you went down. Wildcats were ZZ393 vagabond19. ZZ526 Vagabond20 ..ZZ410 Opair23 all dept chivenor to Yeovilton.

Return to “RMB Chivenor”