Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Can anyone help?

Do you collect patches or challenge coins, bought an interesting t-shirt from a base, some rare airshow programmes or even parts from military aircraft? This is the forum section for you!
Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Can anyone help?

Post by rob21 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:20 pm

I'm not sure where to post this question but I have a panel from an old aircraft that I would like to identify.
Can anyone help?


Posts: 1083
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by tm74sqn » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:31 pm

No idea really, but engineer's panel from an Andover? Let's hear some more guesses . . . . and, even better, the correct answer!

Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Timmo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Looks to be the overhead panel from a Hawker Siddeley 125 (Dominie)..

https://www.airliners.net/photo/UK-Air- ... T1/1107993
Last edited by Timmo on Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by rob21 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:16 pm

@tm74sqn Thanks, I've unfortunately not been able to find any images of panels from an Andover.

@Timmo Thanks, I agree with you it looks very similar. Can anyone else help shed a little light on this?

Dave Smith
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Having shown the picture and spoken to one of 115 Sqns former finest he thinks not - I would go with a Domnie.

User avatar
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Kilmarnock

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Twinpin » Sun May 10, 2020 5:42 pm

The fuel management section of the panel has a'Tip tank' selector switch. The aircraft is also a pressurized twin jet so my guess would be that it is from a Canberra.

Evergreen 44
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Evergreen 44 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Just a guess but there should be either a stock number like NSN- etc or some other on either the side of the unit or stamped onto the casing plus a manufacturer such as Plessey or Racal etc. usally with the Government 'Crowsfoot' mark on it

When these items are are removed for maintenance they have a paper tag (in the old days) nowadays a bar-code linking it to the stock/serial number (I.e. unique equipment reference ) such that certified maintenance can be carried out and the work being traceable to that equipment / aircraft / fitter parts used etc.

Post Reply

Return to “Military Aviation Memorabilia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests