Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

KLU Open days Volkel AB Patch haul

Do you collect patches or challenge coins, bought an interesting t-shirt from a base, some rare airshow programmes or even parts from military aircraft? This is the forum section for you!

phantommadman

Re: KLU Open days Volkel AB Patch haul

Post by phantommadman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi Dougie,that certainly is a cracking collection there :Wow: , funnily enough I really like the Phantom patches too :thumb: ;) Also the 312 patches caught my eye :thumb:

Kind regards

Des
Pessimists are never disappointed

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:26 am

Quite some haul mate, nice! :thumbs:

Liking the BAF 2019 Display patches. :thumb:

andrewn

Post by andrewn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Nice! I looked everywhere for the Greek tat stall, but never found it :(

Herkdriver

Post by Herkdriver » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Nice haul. I really wish I could have gone. And I need to get the pvc BAF F-16 demo set. Got the cloth set already. I asked a few people to get me the Volkel Phantom patch but when they told me it was 15€ I said pass on it. Apparently the phantom stall really didn’t understand how much of a mistake that was as they brought home more than half of what they took. And especially considering that they charged 6-7 pounds back when they did the RIAT patch a few years ago. Too much money in this hobby these days.

Todd

prefontaine72

Post by prefontaine72 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:00 pm

phantommadman wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 pm
Hi Dougie,that certainly is a cracking collection there :Wow: , funnily enough I really like the Phantom patches too :thumb: ;) Also the 312 patches caught my eye :thumb:

Kind regards

Des
Thanks Des yeah phantom patches are superb i must admit :thumb:
MRTT wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:26 am
Quite some haul mate, nice! :thumbs:

Liking the BAF 2019 Display patches. :thumb:
Thanks Ollie :thumbs:
andrewn wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:38 pm
Nice! I looked everywhere for the Greek tat stall, but never found it :(
Yeah I found it by accident would you believe, managed to bump into one of the crew by chance and he took me to the stall :thumb:

prefontaine72

Post by prefontaine72 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Herkdriver wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 pm
Nice haul. I really wish I could have gone. And I need to get the pvc BAF F-16 demo set. Got the cloth set already. I asked a few people to get me the Volkel Phantom patch but when they told me it was 15€ I said pass on it. Apparently the phantom stall really didn’t understand how much of a mistake that was as they brought home more than half of what they took. And especially considering that they charged 6-7 pounds back when they did the RIAT patch a few years ago. Too much money in this hobby these days.

Todd
Hi Todd they were charging 10euros across the board for everything, yeah Belgian PVC Patches are awesome :thumbs:

Herkdriver

Post by Herkdriver » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:48 am

Dougie,
Did you get them on the second day as my 3 Dutch friends all said they were charging 15 Euros for the Volkel Phantom patch and 10 euros for all the other patches. Also several Greek friends told me they charged 15 for the Volkel phantom patch. And that they were upset at their own countrymen for charging that much. And that they made 400 and sold less than 200 of them. If you got it for 10 maybe they dropped it for you due to not selling many. For 10 I would have bought it but not 15. Like I said greed has taken hold of the hobby from both the collector side and some of the squadrons.

Todd

Ashley H

Post by Ashley H » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi Todd,

On the Friday they were as you said, 15 euros for the special and 10 for everything else. A couple of the people i went with walked past later on the Friday and got a couple of stickers the same as the patch for free.

When i went past on the Saturday all patches were 10 euros and i overheard them telling someone else the "free" stickers were either 1 or 2 euros.

They also had some of the RIAT patches from the past couple of years they were still trying to flog :lol:

andrewn the stall was in one of the market areas along the back of the show ground.

Regards

Ashley H

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Great haul Dougie, if your ever bored with the Red Devil patches, I'll gladly give them a loving home :blush: :lol:
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

prefontaine72

Post by prefontaine72 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Gary wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm
Great haul Dougie, if your ever bored with the Red Devil patches, I'll gladly give them a loving home :blush: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Military Aviation Memorabilia”