Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Heart of Scotland Airshow 2010

Post information on other airshows and events here.
Perth

Re: Heart of Scotland Airshow 2010

Post by Perth » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:45 am

14th April, 2010 Press Release

THE SHOW WILL GO ON . . .
The Organisers of The Heart of Scotland Airshow on June 5th and 6th are pleased to announce that “THE SHOW WILL GO ON” after the announcement today that the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team The Red Arrows had pulled out of the event.
Gill Howie, event organiser said
“Obviously this is a blow to the event but the Red Arrows need to continue training – they are the Pride of Britain and thrill millions of people all over the world with their stunning displays. Sadly a training accident recently has meant that their training is behind schedule and that the early part of the season will suffer because of it, Perth Airshow is one of the casualties of that decision.” Gill continued “Flight safety is a big issue in the airshow world and I fully understand why this decision has been made, I know both the pilots who were involved and I am thrilled that both are still with us after the accident! After chatting to the Team yesterday they have advised that they would return to Perth in 2011. Naturally, as a fan myself, I was bitterly disappointed but the airshow will go ahead as there are many other exciting flying events including the RAF Typhoon, which will soon be based at RAF Leuchars. The RAF Hawk display, with the most exciting and patriotic colour scheme, will treat us to a thrilling display plus helicopters and other exciting displays including the iconic Spitfire and Hurricane! It will still be a great show and a fine tribute to Scotland’s aviation pioneers”

On the ground Scotland’s BMX Bike Team “The CLAN” will perform their own ‘Air Show’ whilst our Armed Forces will provide ground displays and interact with the crowd. Perth Airport is celebrating 100 years of Scotland’s Aviation events which is a huge milestone for Scotland’s Aviation Heritage but please watch http://www.perthairshow.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for updates and tickets.
Should anyone have purchased tickets purely to see the Red Arrows should contact the organisers through the website if they wish a refund.

We are thrilled that the Red Arrows will grace the skies as a 9 ship slightly later in the 2010 season and look forward to seeing them in the skies over Scotland especially on the 11th September at the RAF Leuchars Airshow (http://www.airshow.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and Perth Airshow looks forward to welcoming back the Red Arrows in 2011.

Perth

Post by Perth » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 pm

After discussions with the RAF Events Team we will have Tutor Display, Hawk Display and Typhoon Display on Saturday and Tutor Display, Hawk Display and Tornado GR4 Role Demo on the Sunday - THANK YOU to the Royal Air Force for your continued support and here's to an ASH free sunny couple of days!

Perth

Post by Perth » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm

The Heart of Scotland Airshow is delighted to announce that the Royal Navy will be sending 2 assets to the airshow!
Gannet SAR Flight, based at Prestwick Airport, will be sending a Sea King Helicopter for a static display on Sunday 6th June only – subject to operational requirements of course.
820 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose will be sending a Merlin helicopter and it will be on static display all weekend.
We look forward to welcoming the Royal Navy to Perth!

http://www.perthairshow.co.uk

Perth

First the BAD news . . . then the Good News

Post by Perth » Sat May 08, 2010 9:04 am

The Heart of Scotland Airshow at Perth Airport on 5th and 6th June, 2010

Firstly 2 pieces of Bad News . . . . . we have lost the Royal Navy Merlin that was due to be on static display and the French Air Force Epsilon :'(

The GOOD News is we have gained a French Air Force Grob 120 AF for static from Ecole de Pilotage de l’Armee de L’Air from Base Aerienne 709 Cognac and in the flying display we have gained the support of the United States Air Force and both days there will be a flypast by a 100th Air Refuelling Wing KC-135 tanker from RAF Mildenhall ;D

Perth

Post by Perth » Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 pm

The Organisers of The Heart of Scotland Airshow are delighted to announce that
The Breitling Wing Walking Team
http://www.aerosuperbatics.com/
will take part in the show on both the 5th and 6th June.
Sincere and grateful thanks to Breitling and Aerosuperbatics for their kind generosity and support!

Perth

Post by Perth » Sat May 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Aircraft taking part in the display - not including daily visitors
ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE OF COURSE
HEART OF SCOTLAND AIRSHOW – OPERATIONS
STATIC
L’Armee de L’Air Grob 120 Arr Fri Cognac Dep Monday
RAF Tucano Arr Fri Linton on Ouse Dep Monday
Grob Tutor Arr Fri Glasgow Dep Monday
Chipmunk BBMF Arr Sat Coningsby/Newcastle Dep Sunday
RN Sea King Arr Sat and Sun Prestwick ON CALL
Remos G3 D-MWEZ Arr Fri Caernarfon Dep Sunday
FLYING
Golden Lions Free Fall Parachute Team opens show at 11am both days
SE5a G-BKER Arr Sat Bridge of Weir Dep Sunday
Tiger Moth G-ANRF Arr Fri Blair Atholl Dep Sunday
Tiger Moth G-AHUV Arr Sat Blair Atholl Dep Saturday
Bulldog G-AXIG Arr Friday Dep Sunday
Tutor RAF Arr Friday Cranwell/Newcastle Dep Monday
Hawk RAF Arr Friday Operating from Edinburgh Dep MondayTyphoon RAF Arr Friday Operating from Edinburgh TBC
Tornado GR4 x 2 RAF Operating from RAF Lossiemouth
USAF KC-135R Sat & Sun Operating from RAF Mildenhall
Stearmans x 2 (Breitling) Arr ThursdayTBS Rencomb Dep Monday
Husky G-WATR Arr Fri Lochearn Dep Sunday
Yak-52 G-CDFE Arr Friday Prestwick Dep Sunday
Chipmunk(s) Arr Friday Prestwick Dep Sunday
Spitfire T9 PT462 Arr Friday Wales Dep Sunday
Hurricane R4118 Arr Thursday Dep Sunday
Swift Team Arr Friday Dep Sunday
PittsS1 G-PARG Arr Friday Leuchars Dep Sunday
Pitts S2 G-BYIP Based at Perth
Spitfire Mk26 VH-IJH Based at Perth
Huey G-UHIH Arr Friday Wesham Dep Sunday
Glasair "Centenary Tribute" G-KRES Based at Perth
Avro Anson G-VROE Arr Friday Coventry Dep Sunday
Cessna152 Based at Perth
DH Rapide P/Flights G-AGTM Arr Thursday Coventry Dep Sunday
Helicopters P/Flights Based at Perth
http://www.perthairshow.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perth

Au revoir Mr Cognac :-(

Post by Perth » Sat May 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Messages from France received at the Perth Airshow office
I'm really sorry but i have to inform you that we won't be able to come. Yesterday the senior officer who ordered to perform this mission decided to cancel it for several ops reasons.

We are so sorry for you because we know that you had made such big efforts for a French aircraft and we know how you like to plan things especially for France!
However, there are several reasons to that, namely because of the financial crisis has struck everywhere especially in the forces where all airshow programs have drastically been reduced this year.

A decision was made to cut down the travel expenses for the men and for the aircraft, knowing that a trip to Perth requests 2 men away for one week!

ythanpythan

Post by ythanpythan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Top day out had by all, Huey was ace allowing me to spend the rest of the day humming 'Ride of the Valkyries' even the GA stuff made my cynical chops smile! Good news is that I get to do it all again on Sunday! :thumbs:

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm

I posted this elsewhere but I've got to ask I take it the KC-135 didn't make it for it's flypast?

ythanpythan

Post by ythanpythan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 pm

It didn't make it on Saturday, rumor was due to a fuel problem (Oh the irony). It did make it on Sunday at a height of 2000ft I believe, although unfortunately the cloud base was 500ft. :roll: Credit to the crew for trying although the presence of their Station commander may have spurred them on!

Ian

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”