Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Vulcan confirmed for Bournemouth Air Festival

Post information on other airshows and events here.
septic

Vulcan confirmed for Bournemouth Air Festival

Post by septic » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 am

Just been confirmed to display on Saturday August 21st at 1600. funding for a Sunday display being sought.

Septic :clap: :clap:

Adam

Re: Vulcan confirmed for Bournemouth Air Festival

Post by Adam » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:16 am

Part of me says great, it's always good to see, the other half says that they should keep the Vulcan for the 'Major' shows, save their money and inject it back into keeping it in the air for years to come. I know the 'Vulcan Effect' keeps the donations rolling in for now, (I am a member of VTTS and make regular donations) however eventually the money is going to run out and they will need something to fall back on. (Could be within 2 years as stated by VTTS themselves) Probably a controversial statement to make but it just seems like common sense to me?

Hurn

Post by Hurn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Even if they're not displaying they still have all the overheads to pay for, so keeping it grounded still isn't very cost effective anyway.
Getting public funding is hard enough without trying to get people to donate to an aircraft that they never get to see other than at places like RIAT and a few other select airshows?

I'm also pretty sure part of the HLF agreement was that they would get the aircraft 'out to the people' so it could be enjoyed by the public at large, and with over 750,000 people attending B/mth last year over the weekend (1.3 million over the four days) their attendance figures would put some other 'major' airshows to shame.

Just my thoughts. :)

Flightline UK

Post by Flightline UK » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Dem0n wrote:Part of me says great, it's always good to see, the other half says that they should keep the Vulcan for the 'Major' shows, save their money and inject it back into keeping it in the air for years to come. I know the 'Vulcan Effect' keeps the donations rolling in for now, (I am a member of VTTS and make regular donations) however eventually the money is going to run out and they will need something to fall back on. (Could be within 2 years as stated by VTTS themselves) Probably a controversial statement to make but it just seems like common sense to me?
Bournemouth is probably the biggest airshow in the country at the moment - crowds were 1.3 million last year over the weekend alone! In terms of getting the Vulcan brand "seen" it's probably one of the most important shows of the year!

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”