Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Abingdon Directions

Post information on other airshows and events here.
the beast

Abingdon Directions

Post by the beast » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 pm

apologies mods if i have put this in the wrong section

could someone please give me some directions to abingdon, am getting the oxford tube to oxford and then i'm stuck!
can someone please point me in the right direction?
Last edited by the beast on Sun May 02, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
thanks!
James
____________________________________________________________________________________

MikeB
Administrator

Re: Abingdon Directions

Post by MikeB » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 pm

james lewis wrote:apologies mods if i have put this in the wrong section

could someone please give me some directions to abingdon, am getting the oxford tube from hillingdon to oxford and then i'm stuck!
can someone please point me in the right direction?
Moved to the Airshows section :).
Aviation, Landscape and Urban photography by Michael Buckle - MichaelBuckle.co.uk

the beast

Post by the beast » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 pm

ok mate no worries

any ideas on directions anyone??
thanks!
James
____________________________________________________________________________________

pikey01

Post by pikey01 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:39 am

Taken from the Abingdon website:

The nearest mainline train station to Abingdon is Oxford, with connecting Buses (the X3 service) running from outside the railway station (stop R3) to Abingdon town centre. For a timetable, click here. There is also the slower City 35 service, with more local stops - timetables available here. From Abingdon town centre, a taxi can then take you to the Airfield Southern Entrance (make sure you request this).

For the links to the timetables go to: http://www.abingdonfayre.com/location.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and just follow the "click here" links. Although it does say get a taxi, it is only a mile or so walk and although ive never done it, I know people who have.

If you need directions from oxford bus station to the train station , let me know (it's only a 5 minute walk and quite easy) :)

the beast

Post by the beast » Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 am

pikey01 wrote:
The nearest mainline train station to Abingdon is Oxford, with connecting Buses (the X3 service) running from outside the railway station (stop R3) to Abingdon town centre. For a timetable, click here. There is also the slower City 35 service, with more local stops - timetables available here. From Abingdon town centre, a taxi can then take you to the Airfield Southern Entrance (make sure you request this).

For the links to the timetables go to: http://www.abingdonfayre.com/location.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and just follow the "click here" links. Although it does say get a taxi, it is only a mile or so walk and although ive never done it, I know people who have.

If you need directions from oxford bus station to the train station , let me know (it's only a 5 minute walk and quite easy) :)
Thanks mate, can you please tell me how to get from the oxford tube stop to the train station (i think thats where the x3 goes from?) and can u get to the show without using a taxi?

thanks mate
Last edited by the beast on Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
thanks!
James

Mictheslik
AeroResource Correspondent

Post by Mictheslik » Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 am

Just to say the walk from Abingdon to the airfield is a real pain....seems to go on for ages and when you think you're there you have to walk half way round the airfield dodging cars trying to get in....not the most pedestrian friendly place in the world....

.mic

the beast

Post by the beast » Sat May 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks for all the replys but it looks like i'm not going to be able to make it :(
Last edited by the beast on Sun May 02, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
thanks!
James

StuBie

Post by StuBie » Sat May 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks mate, can you please tell me which oxford tube stop to get off at, how to get to the train station (i think thats where the x3 goes from?) and can u get to the show without using a taxi?

thanks mate
Go to the end of the line and get of at the Oxford bus station (Glocester Green) Walk out of the bus station via the road entrance and turn right, follow the road around to the left passed the traffic lights and follow the road down 'Park End Street'. At the end of the street you should come to a traffic light junction, head straight across this and you should see the railway station on your right-hand side. A foot bridge goes from your side over to the station (it runs along side the railway bridge). Hope this is of use to you.

Some of the bus stops for the railway station are on the opposite side of the road (after crossing over the junction at the end of Park End street), the others are outside the station itself.

HTH

Stu
BECAUSE TYPING IN LOWER CASE WOULD BE EASY.............

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”