Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Unknown helo heading to southwest!!

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
Aircraftpaulcornwall

Unknown helo heading to southwest!!

Post by Aircraftpaulcornwall » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi all,
Just a quick heads-up - just seen an unknown helicopter 2208 local (2108Z) 1 mile to north of here heading SW' wards - one red light flashing aft - two white lights static afore. (Updated) - estimated height at around 500ft-600ft.
Not sure where it's headed to, but any info much appreciatedl!! Many thanks --Paul

buzzer

Re: Unknown helo heading to southwest!!

Post by buzzer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Aircraftpaulcornwall wrote:Hi all,
Just a quick heads-up - just seen an unknown helicopter 2208 local (2108Z) 1 mile to north of here heading SW' wards - one red light flashing aft - two white lights static afore. (Updated) - estimated height at around 500ft-600ft.
Not sure where it's headed to, but any info much appreciatedl!! Many thanks --Paul
The police helicopter is about down here somewhere
Paul. Might have been that you spotted. ??

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Cessna F406 G-FIND is also buzzing back on forth over West Cornwall as we speak. Could be this that you spotted.
Not got the radio on, but callsign is normally endurance 06 or something like that ;)

merlinhole

Post by merlinhole » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Cessna F406 carrying night survey , landed back on at Culdrose when completed his survey . Police helicopter searching Lands End / Sennen area then later RTB .

Buz41

Post by Buz41 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:38 am

BBC Radio Cornwall news report of search involving Devon & Cornwall Police helicopter in Lands End area over night. They were looking for an elderly man on a mobility scooter. He was found safe & well at a hotel in Camborne 28 miles away. I wish my buggy could travel that far.
Now some child had better report me for posting this in the wrong place.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:22 am

Buz41 wrote:BBC Radio Cornwall news report of search involving Devon & Cornwall Police helicopter in Lands End area over night. They were looking for an elderly man on a mobility scooter. He was found safe & well at a hotel in Camborne 28 miles away. I wish my buggy could travel that far.
Now some child had better report me for posting this in the wrong place.
:lol: ;)

Aircraftpaulcornwall

Post by Aircraftpaulcornwall » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi buzzer and everyone!
Many thanks for all of the replies from you all - greatly appreciated. Sorry for the delay in replying - busy day today, not been on the computer till now!!
By what I saw and all of your descriptions, I would have thought that it was most probably the Police Helicopter - it looked similar to it thinking about it - it was almost, but not quite, wholly dark at the time. Glad that they found the old chap,
what a distance to travel though - from Lands End area to Camborne - his battery must have been well down!!! --Paul :thumb:

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”