Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Visiting Predannack?

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
BP2324

Visiting Predannack?

Post by BP2324 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 am

A friend and forum member TC2324 (Tony - he of the strange model making) is on a family holiday in Cornwall.
He has asked if I can find out any information re visiting Predannack.

Can you get on, if so how?
If not can you see much from public roads etc?

Any help will be much appreciated by him. Im about to google it to see what imformation I can find.

MTIA
Brian (and Tony)

buzzer

Re: Visiting Predannack?

Post by buzzer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

i'll send you a PM.. its might be easyer that way ;)

BP2324

Post by BP2324 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 pm

PM returned buzzer.

jimp

Post by jimp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:42 am

I'm presently staying at a site next to Predannack on our family holiday. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated on gaining access to the airfield to view the residents. Many thanks in advance, cheers Jim

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 pm

If you start from Predannack Wollas car park, head south-east along the coast path, after about 10 minutes walk the path will split. Leave the coast path and follow the bridle way, this will skirt the fire-pits where the frames are easily viewable.
The airfield boundary is clearly marked, remember that it is MoD property, and unauthorised venturing on to the camp is trespass.
An Ordnance Survey map of the area shows clearly the paths and bridleways. The airfield was built on very swampy ground, so take care not to venture off the path.
Another way to view the frames is from Kennack Sands car park, or the cliff path at Kennack.
Why not contact RNAS Culdose and ask if a visit it possible?

Red Hound

Post by Red Hound » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Malfatron Malkovic wrote:If you start from Predannack Wollas car park, head south-east along the coast path, after about 10 minutes walk the path will split. Leave the coast path and follow the bridle way, this will skirt the fire-pits where the frames are easily viewable.
The airfield boundary is clearly marked, remember that it is MoD property, and unauthorised venturing on to the camp is trespass.
An Ordnance Survey map of the area shows clearly the paths and bridleways. The airfield was built on very swampy ground, so take care not to venture off the path.
Another way to view the frames is from Kennack Sands car park, or the cliff path at Kennack.
Why not contact RNAS Culdose and ask if a visit it possible?
I think you mean Kynance Cove car park(National Trust) and the cliff path from there. Kennack Sands is on the Cadgwith/other side of the Lizard Peninsula.

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

I did,i always have and always will confuse the two.

jimp

Post by jimp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks for the replies, I'll probably contact Culdrose to see if a visit is possible. Monday started well with 2 hawks in the circuit and several Merlins out and about. Cheers Jim

dpalmer_299122

Post by dpalmer_299122 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 am

Hi

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm currently in Cornwall and would love some tips on how to actually get onto Predannack, to take some pictures and have a look around the aircraft!

If anyone can help that would be amazing!

Cheers, Dan

Precinct7

Post by Precinct7 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi Dan

I would say the advice given in 2012 still stands
Kynance Cove car park(National Trust) and the cliff path, & walk

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:06 pm

Although worth noting the MoD are rather more strict on trespassing these days, with the airfield in more frequent use than before due to the arrival of 700X Sqn.

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”