Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

REQ: Merlin '86'

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
barthie

REQ: Merlin '86'

Post by barthie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 am

Serial please. Seen on arrivals day for Airday Jul 30 2014.

DaveG

Re: REQ: Merlin '86'

Post by DaveG » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Fleet thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=91360
Running SBS-3 & Planeplotter code: F4
Cornwall, near EGDR

barthie

Post by barthie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:50 am

Can't see Merlins on that list!

rh226

Post by rh226 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:24 am

They are there, but there are no code tie-ups.

Would it be possible, please, for one of our Culdrose regulars to compile a tie-up list - and then maintain it as happens for Typhoons and Tornados??
Cheers, Bob

Seafire 47

Post by Seafire 47 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:53 pm

rh226 wrote:They are there, but there are no code tie-ups.

Would it be possible, please, for one of our Culdrose regulars to compile a tie-up list - and then maintain it as happens for Typhoons and Tornados??
I'm afraid the ideal candidate for such a task is no longer a member of this forum and as a result the amount of regular and informative posts regarding Culdrose and the South West in general(including some excellent photograghy) will reduce dramatically.

rh226

Post by rh226 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Oh, dear!? :( :(
Cheers, Bob

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:12 am

Seafire 47 wrote:
rh226 wrote:They are there, but there are no code tie-ups.

I'm afraid the ideal candidate for such a task is no longer a member of this forum and as a result the amount of regular and informative posts regarding Culdrose and the South West in general(including some excellent photograghy) will reduce dramatically.
Yeap. . Such a shame that as always it's a couple of people sticking there nose in to matters that don't really concern them, that upset people to the point that they up and walk out! ! :( and I'm afraid to say that it's been more than just one that's up and moved on elsewhere!
Think the rest will be following them before to much longer as well! !! :whistle:
I'll try my best to update the codings of the Merlin's , but as said the man that could answer your questions isn't here anymore to be able to!!

rh226

Post by rh226 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 am

Yes, he will be missed by some of us, certainly. As you say, there are always one or two that spoil things. :(

Buzzer, your offer to update the Merlin serial/code tie-ups is very much appreciated. Thank you. :thumb:

All the best,

Bob

Buz41

Post by Buz41 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:59 am

The fact that the gentleman has is evident by there being no posting of the three 820 squadron Merlins that departed for the west coast of Africa on RFA Argos, under current military.
As usual masses of routine rubbish from the hall, which is akin to counting Airbuses at Heathrow.

Buz41 :Wow:

POL

Post by POL » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:11 am

So, let me get this straight, you're not posting movements from Culdrose, complaining no one else is posting movements from Culdrose and complaining further that others are posting movements at their local airfields?

And you wonder why people on this forum dislike you lot so much?

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:24 am

EGCC wrote:So, let me get this straight, you're not posting movements from Culdrose, complaining no one else is posting movements from Culdrose and complaining further that others are posting movements at their local airfields?

And there it is.... the man in question.. Once again has to stick his nose in!!! :grr:
if you all (I'm sure it isn't all?? Just you set few! ) dislike us so much, why do you feel the need to read and reply to posts we put up. .Or anone else posts come to think of it??
If you don't like it .. don't read it!!

Seafire 47

Post by Seafire 47 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:45 am

EGCC wrote:So, let me get this straight, you're not posting movements from Culdrose, complaining no one else is posting movements from Culdrose and complaining further that others are posting movements at their local airfields?

I think you'll find it's only a couple of people that consistently complain all the time and the majority seem to find the individual in question's posts of interest,but unfortunately people can only put up with so much and move on,case in point "Victor5".

somerset

Post by somerset » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:35 pm

The merlins that will be on Argus ,once the operation has ceased will they have to go into a deep clean ? I've seen how they decontaminate people but how the hell do you do 3 helicopters and a huge ship?

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

somerset wrote:The merlins that will be on Argus ,once the operation has ceased will they have to go into a deep clean ? I've seen how they decontaminate people but how the hell do you do 3 helicopters and a huge ship?
Without wanting to deviate way off topic, the ship won't come into direct contact with Ebola at all, and I don't think the Merlins will either. The medical facilities on board are for the crew and for locals with non contagious diseases. The idea is to establish treatment centres on the land for those affected by Ebola.

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”