Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford's Naughty Field

Post information relating to any Duxford show here.
andygolfer

Re: Duxford's Naughty Field

Post by andygolfer » Thu May 26, 2016 1:03 pm

basha3738 wrote:It won't be, to much money involved !!! If they were that worried about safety,they would close the big roads,but they won't do that,will they..Like i said, soon as the airshows starts,all roads should be shut...
If there is any issue at all with people in the no-go areas then I expect it to be stopped and no doubt about it. Duxford would get absolutely taken to the cleaners by the press, CAA, and in the courts if they kept flying knowing there were people on the fields and an aircraft came down. That would be the end of airshows at Duxford and probably for the whole UK as it would be perceived that the organisers couldn't be trusted to self-police (i.e. stop a show) if the need arises.

They simply could not afford to take the risk especially if you add to that the likelihood of a photo being posted somewhere with people in the field, the CAA would see it and that would be that.
admin on the sister forum, http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk
but being old and grey I like a bit of the military stuff too !

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group:

Goosebumps

Post by Goosebumps » Thu May 26, 2016 1:22 pm

That's why I'm not being a freeloader, going on Friday and paying for the privilege
Really looking forward to it as well

Molitor5901

Post by Molitor5901 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:36 pm

No it won't be stopped..

there will be threats, abuse, cajoling, name calling. But they won't dare stop it.... as another poster said, way too much money involved!

If they do try and stop it, Duxford will get sued by all the traders who pay a lot of money to be there, plus a lot of paying public will sue as well!

Yes I do think its the beginning of the end of Airshows as we know it..

But they won''t stop this show, or RIAT, or Farnborough....
Canon EOS 300D. 20D,50D,7D, Canon 10-18mm STM, Canon 18-55mm IS, 55-250mm IS, 18-200mm IS, 70-300mm IS USM

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk » Thu May 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Molitor5901 wrote:No it won't be stopped..

there will be threats, abuse, cajoling, name calling. But they won't dare stop it.... as another poster said, way too much money involved!

If they do try and stop it, Duxford will get sued by all the traders who pay a lot of money to be there, plus a lot of paying public will sue as well!

Yes I do think its the beginning of the end of Airshows as we know it..

But they won''t stop this show, or RIAT, or Farnborough....

Again, RIAT is under MAA rules not CAA. So RIAT is unaffected by these changes.
Whisky Connoisseur, Darts Player for the Jolly Sailor and Watford Fan

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Thu May 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Molitor5901 wrote:No it won't be stopped..

What a load of rubbish.

Yes it will be stopped.

If any one is in the restricted area, the Display Director WILL stop the display until such time the person/persons move or are moved from the restricted area and then the flying will continue therefore the rest of your verbal diarrhea doesn't apply.

Brian

Goosebumps

Post by Goosebumps » Thu May 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Your getting angry again!!!!

peasus911

Post by peasus911 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Pen Pusher wrote:And there will be enough people inside with a long enough lens to post photos of the violaters on social media.

Brian
I have been tempted many times to post photo of the "Rouges Gallery", maybe this year temptation will be too much. ;)

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Thu May 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Goosebumps wrote:Your getting angry again!!!!
:D

Brian

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 6:23 pm

peasus911 wrote:
Pen Pusher wrote:And there will be enough people inside with a long enough lens to post photos of the violaters on social media.

Brian
I have been tempted many times to post photo of the "Rouges Gallery", maybe this year temptation will be too much. ;)
Maybe you should try posting photos of the Rogues Gallery instead ! :whistle:

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 pm

May I ask, other than the road closure notices that have been widely seen on fora on the internet, can anyone direct me to any document in the public domain that shows the exact location of any 'Restricted Areas' please? I don't mean an enthusiastic enthusiasts drawings on Google Maps, useful as they are, but a document from an approved source that delineates the boundaries of the areas not to enter.

I only ask as I find it almost impossible to understand how people (and here I don't mean the 'in the know' aviation enthusiasts, but the local populous who have for many years 'always stood here') can be expected to refrain from entering/remove themselves from a 'restricted area' if it is not clearly defined, the defined area is published widely, and also easily accessible to view by all and sundry whether in hard copy or electronically.

Simply put, the only areas I can identify at the present as enforceable 'restricted areas' are the roads and pathways mentioned in the council documents.

Thoughts??
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

peasus911

Post by peasus911 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Oh I don't think so, you see Rogues are people who waste everyone's time, the Police's time, IWM's time, the pilots time when they need to concentrate, the residents and finally the poor landowners. Yes, Rouges are a lot worse than Rogues.......

ps. not to mention the past week when we should all have been looking forward to talking about the show. :D

filmman

Post by filmman » Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Trenchard you have identified the problem with an Order that does not restrict the fields; in fact it might make matters worse by displacing people who previously sat on Footpath 9 into the fields. Safety issues would be better dealt with by specific legislation, not legislation originally intended to control vehicles; traffic wardens, God bless them, are mentioned.

It's possible that the organisers might pragmatically stop displays if people are in critical areas (like under the threshold) but not elsewhere. The mound in the SW corner is interesting. Unless things change, the fire truck and the parked aircraft are next to it; perhaps display pilots should not overfly it.

I understand that in the past crashing plane debris made it to the M11, the Blenheim crashed on approach and the Shoreham crash was on a road. I hope that measures are taken to reduce the risk to the M11 because a crash there could stop further airshows at Duxford and elsewhere with similar roads.

Film man

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:50 am

They would never stop the display..

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 am

basha3738 wrote:They would never stop the display..

they daren't risk not stopping it, the backlash if they didn't and something went horribly wrong would be far too much of a risk plus the court cases that would follow, manslaughter charges against duxford and maybe individuals responsible for allowing it to continue.
admin on the sister forum, http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk
but being old and grey I like a bit of the military stuff too !

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group:

tazmin88

Post by tazmin88 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 am

Its the CAA that would stop the display, they are not interested in the financial side or commercial side of things only safety . So as it would not be a decision within their control Duxford(IWM or AS) would not be responsible for any losses by the traders on site so any claims for compensation would fail on that basis
Last edited by tazmin88 on Fri May 27, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Tazmin88

AOR7030
Wellbrook loop
Nikon D600 +70-300 zoom

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:36 am

Will see how many airshows get stopped this year from people standing in the wrong place!

colt99

Post by colt99 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:37 am

One thing to remember about the show being stopped/not being stopped is that on the tickets it says the airshow can be stopped for operational reasons/weather etc, so Duxford have already covered themselves from this instance happening.

tazmin88

Post by tazmin88 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:40 am

basha3738 wrote:Will see how many airshows get stopped this year from people standing in the wrong place!

several have been cancelled already because of concerns regarding the CAA requirements I believe
Regards Tazmin88

AOR7030
Wellbrook loop
Nikon D600 +70-300 zoom

Blue Diamond

Post by Blue Diamond » Fri May 27, 2016 4:06 pm

To show how daft the situation is, just received a report from the naughty field where people are watching the practice displays without let or hindrance. So how come it's safe today but dangerous tomorrow? :S
Fighting 92 - The King Cobras
http://www.92squadron.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.92squadron.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:23 pm

Oh dear.....

Return to “Duxford Shows”