Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Friends of RAF Waddington Airshow 2012!

Post information relating to the Waddington airshow here.
Maverick231

Re: Friends of RAF Waddington Airshow 2012!

Post by Maverick231 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Will this effect the Arrivels and Departures area? I.E will it just be "Friends of Waddington Airshow"?
The Harrier Jump Jet - The best there is, The best there was and The best there ever will be!
Model Harriers in the stash = 73 and counting.

merlin

Post by merlin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Surprisingly, there weren't very many folk at the Monday Departures Day, this year. Yet it was probably (judging from what we gathered from some "normals" who attended the actual show) much more interesting from a casual "enthusiast's" perspective. Whether attempting to 'limit' this number even further would be of mutual benefit, I don't know. I have severe reservations, but certainly open to persuasion!

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:20 am

Did anyone hear anything back when they sent their info? Even just to confirm receipt of the email
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Gary wrote:Did anyone hear anything back when they sent their info? Even just to confirm receipt of the email

Nope, not a thing, guess we'll just have to wait and see......

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Got an email today stating they are still working on the package. Any one else get that?

Mike

windoze11

Post by windoze11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 pm

sounds like one Big Rip off :((((

Id Rather make the decision of going on the day to arrivals and departures than getting tickets in advance due to the Lovely british Weather :((
http://www.rafbinbrook.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Raf Binbrook Forum
http://www.dsaf.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Doncaster & Shefield Airport Forum
add me on Facebook & xbox.sony@ntlworld.com

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Did everyone else receive an email from the Friends of RAF Waddington International Air Show yesterday? :lol:

POL

Post by POL » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Because the implication is you have to attend the show to get tickets for the arrivals/departure days...

POL

Post by POL » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:58 pm

That's how I read "They are also looking into package deals which gives discounts if attending both days, both as individuals and families etc..." bit of your post - maybe it's just me being cynical/over-cautious?!

Would appreciate if you could confirm either way, I'm generally not about during the weekend, so departures is my only option! Don't want to have to pay for a full ticket as well, if I can't go :)

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 am

The following was posted on Waddington facebook page back on 1st September

Friends of Waddington - Packages
Friends of Waddington

The planning for the Friends of Waddington packages has moved on and we are in position to release the initial proposals. Please bear in mind these are initial ideas for the packages and we would have to get formal approval before anything is confirmed.

The packages will be based on a 3 tier system :

All packages will have the following :
- complimentary souvenir programme
- membership card and lanyard
- daily copy of flying programme
- 10% discount on grandstand ticket purchase

3-day package - cost £30
- entry to on-based viewing area (Thu, Fri, Mon)

2-day package - cost £25
- entry to on-base viewing area (Fri, Mon)

1-day package - cost £20
- entry to on-base viewing area (either Thu, Fri, Mon)

There will be the option for on the day entry to the on-base viewing area - cost £10

turbosix

Post by turbosix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 am

It would be better if the 2 day package allowed you to choose Fri/Mon or Thu/Mon or Thu/Fri, rather than Fri/Mon only. I very rarely bother with departures but almost always go on both the Thursday and the Friday for arrivals.

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Thats killed Waddo for me.Herd about this from one or two chaps over the past few weeks and now I see it for my self.RIP Waddo air show as far as the arrivals and departures is concerned. :( :( :(
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

Mayfly
Location: 20 minutes from Coningsby, 25 from Waddington, 20 from Cranwell

Post by Mayfly » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 pm

But it does say nothing is confirmed it is only their thoughts at the moment.
Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorF3zlsnm4

pb643

Post by pb643 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

Gary wrote:The following was posted on Waddington facebook page back on 1st September

Friends of Waddington - Packages
Friends of Waddington

The planning for the Friends of Waddington packages has moved on and we are in position to release the initial proposals. Please bear in mind these are initial ideas for the packages and we would have to get formal approval before anything is confirmed.

The packages will be based on a 3 tier system :

All packages will have the following :
- complimentary souvenir programme
- membership card and lanyard
- daily copy of flying programme
- 10% discount on grandstand ticket purchase

3-day package - cost £30
- entry to on-based viewing area (Thu, Fri, Mon)

2-day package - cost £25
- entry to on-base viewing area (Fri, Mon)

1-day package - cost £20
- entry to on-base viewing area (either Thu, Fri, Mon)

There will be the option for on the day entry to the on-base viewing area - cost £10
Am I missing something? Why would I choose a package if I can still just turn up on the day and pay exactly the same price? All the benefit I can see is the programme.

Secondly why gather everyones email address and then past this on a page that seems to have avoided everyones attention for nearly 2 months?

Phil

Flightline UK

Post by Flightline UK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

The way I read it was that it will be:

Either:

£10/day admission on the day

Or:

The Pre-booked packages (One, Two or Three Days)

That's just the way I read it, so I may have I got entirely the wrong end of the stick!

However, it does underline a debate of what kind of event that departures, and particular arrivals and rehearsal days are when the airfield is open to the fee-paying general public. In these days of ever tightening budgets it is hardly surprising that events such as Waddington are having to review these 'events,' particularly when providing the correct level of services, policing and 'health and safety' has become so expensive.

However, from what I've seen elsewhere no final decisions have been made yet so don't get worked up about it just yet!

In the longer term though I suspect we will see a move to arrivals and departure days at airshows move to private, pre-registered events as they have at some european shows. If an event is classed as private, there are less restrictions and costs involved generally.

Mallett17

Post by Mallett17 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Just recieved this e-mail reference the Friends package

Good Afternoon,

First of all thank you for your interest in the Friends of Waddington Package. The following message will shortly appear on the Waddington International Air Show website:

‘After assessing the level of interest, and with due consideration of the views expressed, in the proposed ‘Friends of Waddington’ it has been decided that we will not be progressing the Friends of Waddington packages. However, the RAF Waddington International Air Show Public Aviation Viewing Enclosure (PAVE) facility will remain as it has in previous years, with opening times and entry prices details being advertised over the coming months.’

The initial work done on the Friends of Waddington was to counter the issue of not allowing the public to be present at validation displays. The position has been clarified and both the Military and Civil Aviation Authorities have confirmed it is reasonable to allow the public to be present at validation displays providing the required separation distances are maintained. With the additional administration and costs for the Friends of Waddington Packages the entry fee would have almost doubled for the arrival and departure days. Although the Friends of Waddington Packages will not be progressed, I still plan to produce a newsletter on an irregular basis to keep you informed on the some of the ongoing issues in the planning for the 2012 display.

If you have any questions about the above, or any other air show related questions/ suggestions (polite ones only J), please feel free to contact me via friends@waddingtonairshow.co.uk.

Looks like a good outcome to me.

Robin

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:30 pm

RESULT :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Stupid idea in the first place,why change something that has worked for so many years.One nil to the enthusiast for a change. :thumb:
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

Snafu

Post by Snafu » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Let's hope the entrance times are adhered to next year to avoid the farce we endured this year
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory!"

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 am

£117,500 raised for charity by the 2011 Waddington International Airshow! :thumbs:
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

Return to “Waddington”