Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Waddington airshow 2011

Post information relating to the Waddington airshow here.
beefsteak

Re: RAF Waddington airshow 2011

Post by beefsteak » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Right I'm finally home !

Just a word or two (rant) on my thoughts re the ignoramus's in the Spitfire Grandstand.

Why do they do it ? I mean why stand at the fence blocking everone elses view of take off and landing. If every one stayed seated the view would be just as good .

There was one absolute ar53hole who tried to climb on our table when the Vulcan took off en route to Goodwood!! to put it bluntly , he didn't succeed and actually took offence to the fact that I told him to "Don't you darn dare" his reply "It's not 'your' table" and my answer of "Yes it f*****g well is" he then sauntered off to annoy some other poor folks who had the missfortune of not having a 25 stone 6 foot two inch skinhead in their party !!
I have to admit to getting my own back (I know , very childish !!..... :D ) on a couple of them right at the end by also standing at the fence thus blocking their views when the two seat 'Spit' took off and did it's solo routine near the end. "We can't see" said some idiot who had been standing in the same spot every take off and landing!
"Now you know how we felt for the rest of the show whilst you stood here blocking our view, now borrow my phone and ring somebody who gives a toss!!"

There were a couple of 'old boys' who weren't even taking pictures, (Not that 'taking pictures' is an excuse either!) just standing there with their binoculars. Once again the view would have been just as good from their seats (second set of tables back !!)

We have been going in the Spitfire stand for the last 3 years and have never actually sat in it (Or used the toilets !!) always sitting at a table in the sun. I am going to suggest to the organizers they put a notice or two up telling folks to stay seated (The same as in the Hurricane Grandstand) as the view is just as good from 20 feet further back.!!
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

Sheff

Post by Sheff » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Glad you all had a good time anyways! :)

davedubya

Post by davedubya » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:22 pm

pako-2008 wrote:Also, What was the point in bringing the RC-135 all the way up from Mildenhall just to do a single high flypast.
The RC135 wasn't even being flown by an USAF crew either.

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Other than the ignoramus numpties blocking the view in the grandstand, I have thought of another ( little ) drawback. The Jordanian Falcons need a bit of livening up ! sorry not a patch on "The Blades" now don't get me wrong , I couldn't do anything like that, but I actually did (No lie , honest) fall to sleep during their slot, albeit only for a few seconds , but asleep I was !!

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:41 pm

radiator wrote:
pako-2008 wrote:
radiator wrote: Statics were okey, but for the one guy, who stood, in front of the C-17 for 27 minutes, stopping me and others taking a shot of it, 'no-comment'.
I know exactly what you mean. At the end of the show it was ridiculous. Fair enough people walking by to stop and have look, as many did. But to stand there for that long took the mickey.

Was this him ? http://www.flickr.com/photos/wirefox1/5 ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:

Miserable old git! :whistle:

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

One of "Our friends on the fence" He must have gone and stood in front of us for every take off and landing along with about 20 others , even standing there for some of the overhead displays, and even the 'Rivet joints' fly by !!

davedubya

Post by davedubya » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Here's some of my footage of the Vulcan cobbled together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbcMLVXnTn0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Waddington”