Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

updates

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Discodaz

updates

Post by Discodaz » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:48 pm

is anyone else receiving RIAT announcement updates via email?, or not in this case.

i have always got an email notification every Thursday for many years regarding latest updates. this year i haven't received 1 yet despite re signing up for the news letter. i do however get other promotional emails from them, just not the update email.

anyone else have this issue?

Daz

mprl

Re: updates

Post by mprl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi Daz,
I’m the same not getting any Thursday updates by email either and like you I signed up again as well.
Cheers
Matt

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:50 pm

Not been getting any either
AirshowsNI

2022 Airshows
Queens Jubilee Flypast
Cosford
RIAT
Portrush

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 pm

At least its not just me then. :thumb:

I wonder why. I may ping them an email asking. They may not be aware of it

Daz

Supra

Post by Supra » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Maybe they’re holding-back for a really big update? You know, the one that changes everything! :whistle:

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:29 pm

Prefect Solo Display!! :O :O :pop: :lol:
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:47 pm

James Cutting wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:29 pm
Prefect Solo Display!! :O :O :pop: :lol:

Lol... I have sent an email l. I will update when/if i get a response.

Daz

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:24 am

sorry for the delay.

i got a response some time after stating - we have not sent out any emails since last year. these will start soon. or words to that effect

i cant be the only one to notice there are no longer regular news updates either. every year the updates come thick and fast.this year our last " latest news" was November last year.nearly 5 months ago.

it doesnt seem the same air tattoo as it was..im sure all this means nothing when it comes to the airshow but they dont seem to be promoting the show very well this year.

daz

GVLCN

Post by GVLCN » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:29 am

Everyone waiting for phantoms to be added? Or is it just me?

cjbirkett

Post by cjbirkett » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:22 am

They are working with much fewer staff than in previous years and have lost many experienced people in all areas including marketing. They are aware of the marketing challenges and are working on support for the 1 person team currently doing the job so things will pick up soon. The main marketing focus is through social media this year
chris birkett

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:22 pm

cjbirkett wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:22 am
They are working with much fewer staff than in previous years and have lost many experienced people in all areas including marketing. They are aware of the marketing challenges and are working on support for the 1 person team currently doing the job so things will pick up soon. The main marketing focus is through social media this year

that explains things chris.thanks :thumb:

daz

The Cat

Post by The Cat » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:02 am

GVLCN wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:29 am
Think we are all hoping (dreaming) of that !

Xany

Post by Xany » Wed May 04, 2022 3:44 pm

The Cat wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:02 am
GVLCN wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:29 am
Think we are all hoping (dreaming) of that !
Defo waiting for phantoms but now with greece sending Zeus demo . Thats it . Maybe turkish ?

DeanW

Post by DeanW » Wed May 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Discodaz wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:24 am
it doesnt seem the same air tattoo as it was..im sure all this means nothing when it comes to the airshow but they dont seem to be promoting the show very well this year.
When you say "dont seem to be promoting the show very well" I'm assuming you mean in terms of scale/volume of messaging as I'm sure the marketing team have econometric and/or attribution models to measure the efficiency.

The thing to consider is that many people will have rolled over tickets from the previous two years, plus there's a greatly reduced number of airshows in the UK and Europe, so there's a much reduced need to spend precious marketing budget on reaching new eyeballs when there are fewer tickets that need to be sold.

Leuchars Fan

Post by Leuchars Fan » Thu May 12, 2022 12:54 pm

Given we're only at 12 May as I post, I think that RIAT is shaping up to be well worth it. However, looking at the static in particular, it certainly looks like the Famin not the Feast. The flying certainly could do with some beefing up. But what interests me is the number of aircraft types the RAF operate now which would be most interesting and quite spectacular items on the flying display circuit. I personally feel that much of the reason for this is over demand from the day job. Aircraft like the Hawk T2, Texan and Prefect, the former two are certainly proven aerobatic mounts, are not on the circuit because they exist on the RAF's inventory only in penny packets. The A400M, is a show stopper when put through its paces, but despite having 22, or shortly expected to be, on strength, the numbers strike me as still too low to make any surplus available for display flying. Then there is the F-35B? You'd imagine they'd try and pull the stops out for it to appear in one way shape or form.

LF

Return to “RIAT”