Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
anthony martin
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by anthony martin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 pm

They will do for me ,very nice

User avatar
Richard B
Moderator
Posts: 4717
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:53 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Richard B » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:52 pm

Stroudy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:01 pm
Levente wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:46 pm
Zonan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:29 pm


too bad they are static though :(
They are not allowed to do dynamic display. Only at ILA and some local open base days.
Do you know the reason they are not allowed to do a dynamic display?
The Germans do not really display at Airshows, have not done so since the Ramstein accident.346 seriously injured and 70 dead.

User avatar
DeanW
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by DeanW » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Richard B wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:52 pm
Stroudy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:01 pm


Do you know the reason they are not allowed to do a dynamic display?
The Germans do not really display at Airshows, have not done so since the Ramstein accident.346 seriously injured and 70 dead.
The Luftwaffe had numerous displays post-Ramstein, including fast jet solos from the Tornado, Phantom and MiG-29, but stopped performing displays in around 2003.

User avatar
bizfreeq
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Bournemouth UK

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by bizfreeq » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Now that is rather nice! :thumb:
Cheers
Mark



If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

MRTT
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by MRTT » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Lovely little addition! :thumb:

Any idea if we can expect a C-27 to tag along as support?

User avatar
bizfreeq
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Bournemouth UK

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by bizfreeq » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Sounds feasible Ollie
Cheers
Mark



If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Flightech
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Flightech » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm

They haven't really got any good stuff so far. All static displays or these trainer type aircraft. We want to see the fast items

Maybe it's too early still

MRTT
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by MRTT » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 pm

Nice first post.. :roll:

Must have missed the Harrier, MiG-21 and potential return of Su-27 then.

User avatar
bizfreeq
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 pm
Location: Bournemouth UK

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by bizfreeq » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: some people will never be happy, no matter what is announced. Just let them get on with their moaning while the rest of us enjoy the show!
Cheers
Mark



If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Alfie
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Alfie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 pm

Copied from the RIAT facebook page
Team Daedalus’ from the Hellenic Air Force will be taking part in the flying display for the first time at RIAT 2019. The team flies the T-6A Texan II, a training aircraft and was first established in 2005. We look forward to welcoming Team Daedalus to the Air Tattoo in July!
Nice to see something slightly different.

Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 am

Alfie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 pm
Copied from the RIAT facebook page
Team Daedalus’ from the Hellenic Air Force will be taking part in the flying display for the first time at RIAT 2019. The team flies the T-6A Texan II, a training aircraft and was first established in 2005. We look forward to welcoming Team Daedalus to the Air Tattoo in July!
Nice to see something slightly different.

Eh we knew that at 2.32pm today when Gary posted it........ :whistle:

Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:49 am

Flightech wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm
They haven't really got any good stuff so far. All static displays or these trainer type aircraft. We want to see the fast items

Maybe it's too early still

Nothing good so far? 2 Harriers in the flying display and the potential return of the SU-27 and maybe the Mig -21 plus the Belgain F-16, Swiss F-18, Frecce Tricolori and the Red Arrows so nothing good eh or fast?.......Honestly some people are never happy.

Flightech
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Flightech » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:28 am

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:49 am
Flightech wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm
They haven't really got any good stuff so far. All static displays or these trainer type aircraft. We want to see the fast items

Maybe it's too early still

Nothing good so far? 2 Harriers in the flying display and the potential return of the SU-27 and maybe the Mig -21 plus the Belgain F-16, Swiss F-18, Frecce Tricolori and the Red Arrows so nothing good eh or fast?.......Honestly some people are never happy.
Where did you get information about the potential return of su 27 and freece ticolori ?

User avatar
seven
Posts: 2235
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by seven » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:22 am

Frecce Tricolori have self confirmed. A 'mate of someones mate' mentioned a possible return of the Su-27 a while ago.

7
#KeepFightingMichael

Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Flightech wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:28 am
Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:49 am
Flightech wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm
They haven't really got any good stuff so far. All static displays or these trainer type aircraft. We want to see the fast items

Maybe it's too early still

Nothing good so far? 2 Harriers in the flying display and the potential return of the SU-27 and maybe the Mig -21 plus the Belgain F-16, Swiss F-18, Frecce Tricolori and the Red Arrows so nothing good eh or fast?.......Honestly some people are never happy.
Where did you get information about the potential return of su 27 and freece ticolori ?

Err on here!!!

GVLCN
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm
Location: cardiff

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by GVLCN » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:54 pm

According to the official list, not people saying they’ve heard on a Facebook site that Ukraine& Romania air forces have “confirmed” it looks pretty naff this year, and normally I’m all for RIAT, but seriously weekly update a Texan?

RIAT sort yourselves out, put some phantoms,f-22’s & f-35’s on that list. And just ask one of the B-52 crews currently there to return in July.

MRTT
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by MRTT » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:56 pm

That's quite possibly one of the most pathetic and ridiculous posts I've seen here for a long time.

If you'd bothered to play the slightest bit of attention to the show site, you'd have seen the Luftwaffe confirmed six aircraft this week. :roll:

Oh yes, of course it's just as easy as that, isn't it? Chr*st almighty. :grr:

Sparky 119
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by Sparky 119 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Never ceases to amaze me about the whinging that goes on year after year about RIAT, as I see it it’s a simple choice, you either go or if your not happy with what turns up you don’t. Rant over,roll on July :thumb: :thumb:

User avatar
James Cutting
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by James Cutting » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Every single year, it's the same comment after comment, never hear a peep after the show! :pop: :pop: Nobody forces you to go...
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

User avatar
jasonT1981
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Re: Royal International Air Tattoo 2019 Discussion Thread

Post by jasonT1981 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:37 pm

GVLCN wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:54 pm
According to the official list, not people saying they’ve heard on a Facebook site that Ukraine& Romania air forces have “confirmed” it looks pretty naff this year, and normally I’m all for RIAT, but seriously weekly update a Texan?

RIAT sort yourselves out, put some phantoms,f-22’s & f-35’s on that list. And just ask one of the B-52 crews currently there to return in July.
Ummm did you miss the weekly update from Germany with 3 Typhoons, 2 Tornado's and an A400? Friday's was just an added bonus to this week.

You do know it's not as simple as just 'asking' for a Phantom or B52. The USAF F22 is elsewhere RIAT weekend, and rightly so. It's given up the past 3 years to come to UK missing a few Mid July US airshows. As for an F35. While the RAF have no demo team, I am sure we will see one in some capacity. The USAF F35 is displaying elsewhere like the F22 that weekend, and again rightly so given it is its first ever full demo season, so expecting it to give up 2 weeks to come to England is a big ask.

There is a LONG process to booking airshows, an even longer one to book a military show as big as RIAT.. They can only go on what countries decide to send. Ultimately the final decision on what goes where lies with the countries air arms decide. Not DBH.
AirshowsNI

2019 Airshows
RIAT
Duxford (May)
Newcastle (Northern Ireland)
Portrush (Northern Ireland)
Bray (Ireland)
Duxford (September)

Post Reply

Return to “RIAT”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests