Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

First time RIAT group thread?

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Supra

Re: First time RIAT group thread?

Post by Supra » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:49 pm

iainpeden wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 am
Zonan
You will go in on the Blue Route from Swindon ( I assume you are hiring a car) on the A419. I am also stopping in a hotel on the north side of Swindon and it takes about 20 minutes to get there.

I arrive in the Blue carpark at about 6 - and then go to sleep until 8. The queue, which starts to form at about 6, will have cleared by 8 and you should be able to just walk straight in.
Just for your information Zonan, if you are planning to hire a Rental Car it would be wise to research the companies that will rent to Students. Many Rental companies in the UK will NOT provide cars to under 21 or even under 25 year old drivers & those that will often apply excess charges for these drivers + more if the driver has not held a licence for very long!
My thoughts are that you would be better catching a National Express bus that calls at the Airport travelling to Swindon Bus Station. Friday 19th July 16:15. 2hr-10 min journey returning Sunday 21st at a cost of £10 each return. Buy discounted RIAT tickets including Bus travel from Swindon Bus Station (Not sure if they pick-up along the Route?) to RIAT & return. See the Official Ticket site. Bargain!! :thumb: HTH.
(Check-out National Express Company for routes & timetables to suit your flights?)

Zonan

Post by Zonan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Supra wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:49 pm
iainpeden wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 am
Zonan
You will go in on the Blue Route from Swindon ( I assume you are hiring a car) on the A419. I am also stopping in a hotel on the north side of Swindon and it takes about 20 minutes to get there.

I arrive in the Blue carpark at about 6 - and then go to sleep until 8. The queue, which starts to form at about 6, will have cleared by 8 and you should be able to just walk straight in.
Just for your information Zonan, if you are planning to hire a Rental Car it would be wise to research the companies that will rent to Students. Many Rental companies in the UK will NOT provide cars to under 21 or even under 25 year old drivers & those that will often apply excess charges for these drivers + more if the driver has not held a licence for very long!
My thoughts are that you would be better catching a National Express bus that calls at the Airport travelling to Swindon Bus Station. Friday 19th July 16:15. 2hr-10 min journey returning Sunday 21st at a cost of £10 each return. Buy discounted RIAT tickets including Bus travel from Swindon Bus Station (Not sure if they pick-up along the Route?) to RIAT & return. See the Official Ticket site. Bargain!! :thumb: HTH.
(Check-out National Express Company for routes & timetables to suit your flights?)
Thanks a lot for this info!
We do have experience with the extra charge indeed, as we have been to London a year ago :(
My friend will be 22 when we are at Riat, but we will defenitely consider the bus (or train?).

tayloss

Post by tayloss » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:30 am

So, not long to go before my *first* RIAT show... So looking forward to it..

I have a fun packed couple of weeks to practice with my new kit before the real event!

Daedelus 75 this Saturday with some nice slow aircraft (WW1 Display team, Spitfire etc) followed by the last ever Dunsfold Wings & Wheels event, again, a nice slow show with nothing too challenging... Then the main event.. FAST JET action....... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hopefully see some of you there.. maybe.... I'm going to be at the NATS stand for some of the time, as I've been volunteered for a couple of hours "promo work" :ninja: :ninja:

:-)
----------
Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 7D Mk II
Canon 70-200mm F4 IS
Canon 18-22mm
Sigma 150-600mm C
Canon 50mm F1.2

The Blades - Unofficial Fan Club : https://www.facebook.com/BladesUnofficial

tayloss

Post by tayloss » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 am

Hi Guys,

All I can say is "wow"... when is 2020.. What a show for our first time.. Loved the grandstand, we had the back row and mostly no one sat around us.. So could spread out and the baggage drop is a great touch..

Totterdown Farm gave us everything we needed, apart from a lift from the tent to the yellow entrance.. 20mins walk and a 30min queue on Saturday, and yesterday we walk straight in... Not sure I could have asked for much more really...

Roll on next year..

Thanks,

P.s. when does the RIAT blues wear off?
----------
Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 7D Mk II
Canon 70-200mm F4 IS
Canon 18-22mm
Sigma 150-600mm C
Canon 50mm F1.2

The Blades - Unofficial Fan Club : https://www.facebook.com/BladesUnofficial

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am

It doesn't!
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Return to “RIAT”