Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Alfie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:00 pm
One of my favorites is not in the flying line-up yet. Please can we have a A400M, always puts on a great display for such a large aircraft
I am still hoping for that too Alfie as like you said always puts on a great display for such a large aircraft....Hope it does display as not many large items in the display apart from the flypasts.

User avatar
MrBlueSky
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 am

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by MrBlueSky » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 pm

:P

Nighthawk- Because I have never seen one- Happy days

Bob :roll:

LecLightning56
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:17 am
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by LecLightning56 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:50 am

MrBlueSky wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 pm
:P

Nighthawk- Because I have never seen one- Happy days

Bob :roll:
Concur with your sentiments but with only four weeks to go I can't help but thinking that the line-up looks a little dull this year.

Campbell89
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Campbell89 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:27 am

I’m still hoping for a flying Phantom or a A-10 but I won’t hold my breath!

User avatar
jasonT1981
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by jasonT1981 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:54 pm

There is apparently an F86 Sabre restored to flying in Europe (France?) Would be great to see flying or static.
AirshowsNI

2019 Airshows
RIAT
Duxford (May)
Newcastle (Northern Ireland)
Portrush (Northern Ireland)
Bray (Ireland)
Duxford (September)

User avatar
Nighthawke
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Mentioned in this photo-thread not that long ago. It is based at Avignon.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=176227&hilit=avignon

Graham
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Graham » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:43 pm

I believe this great looking F86 maybe at the Cazaux show this weekend, does anyone know it's current registration and previous military I'd please?

MRTT
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by MRTT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:46 pm

F-AYSB, ex West German Air Force KE+104/01+13.

TomTwin
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 pm
Location: Wrexham, North Wales

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by TomTwin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 am

https://m.facebook.com/Scramblemagazine ... 9159050266

Probably not going to happen but stranger things have.

User avatar
Blue Diamond
Posts: 1741
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:06 am

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Blue Diamond » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am

Anyone wanting Turkish Phantoms has just had their wish come true. :clap:
https://www.facebook.com/airtattoo/phot ... =3&theater
Fighting 92 - The King Cobras
http://www.92squadron.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.92squadron.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slogen51
Moderator
Posts: 11718
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 am
Location: Norfolk - Mundford - too many trees

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by slogen51 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:33 pm

I thought Turkey had fallen out with the West , haven't seen a Turkish A400M through Mildenhall recently.

User avatar
633 squadron
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: urrrm hard to describe...
Contact:

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by 633 squadron » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm

all we need now is the solo turk :clap:
Nikon D7200 Sigma 150-600mm Sports
My website http://633media.co.uk/
633 4Ever :cool:

User avatar
PeteHemsley
Posts: 2558
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: mobile UK
Contact:

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by PeteHemsley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:33 pm
I thought Turkey had fallen out with the West , haven't seen a Turkish A400M through Mildenhall recently.
Come on mate. Really?

Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 am

633 squadron wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm
all we need now is the solo turk :clap:
Not going to happen as he not displaying outside of Turkey this year.

wdh
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by wdh » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 am
633 squadron wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm
all we need now is the solo turk :clap:
Not going to happen as he not displaying outside of Turkey this year.
that is a big shame...he is brilliant at throwing his jet around the sky.. :'(

Alfie
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Alfie » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Pretty happy at what is coming, but I do feel a bit short changed as I have brought a Sunday ticket. The only thing I wish for now is bright blue skies perhaps with a few small white fluffy clouds to make the photographs a little bit better looking.

User avatar
eagle driver
Posts: 8156
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:46 am
Location: knaphill Surrey

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by eagle driver » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm

As long as it's not the Wagon Wheels Wing Walkers or any other such dross polluting the sky i will be happy, but then I gave up going on display days years ago. :P .

User avatar
oslo.barnes
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by oslo.barnes » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:14 pm

wdh wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm
Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 am
633 squadron wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm
all we need now is the solo turk :clap:
Not going to happen as he not displaying outside of Turkey this year.
that is a big shame...he is brilliant at throwing his jet around the sky.. :'(
Yeah true.... but we can't really help it can we? :'(

Alfie
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by Alfie » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Eagle Driver refers to dross, not everybody that goes is a die in the wood grey jet anorak and we do like to see a variation in the displays. Plus the fact the Boeing Stearman biplanes have a long military history being used as a basic trainer and even if they have got very flexible acrobats attached to the top wings the sight and sound of these old planes is just a joy to a lot of people.

TomTwin
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 pm
Location: Wrexham, North Wales

Re: What aircraft would you like to see at RIAT 2019

Post by TomTwin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 am

Alfie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:55 pm
Eagle Driver refers to dross, not everybody that goes is a die in the wood grey jet anorak and we do like to see a variation in the displays. Plus the fact the Boeing Stearman biplanes have a long military history being used as a basic trainer and even if they have got very flexible acrobats attached to the top wings the sight and sound of these old planes is just a joy to a lot of people.
eagle driver wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm
As long as it's not the Wagon Wheels Wing Walkers or any other such dross polluting the sky i will be happy, but then I gave up going on display days years ago. :P .
You seem to be forgetting a huge plus point for the Wing Walkers. The girls on the top of the biplanes are talented, athletic and a huge focal point for those who may become inspired to have a career in Aviation in some way.

Plus, they are very pretty..... :cool:

Post Reply

Return to “RIAT”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests