Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Australian Air Museum Logs Melbourne Victoria ( PART 3 )

Tiger 1

Australian Air Museum Logs Melbourne Victoria ( PART 3 )

Post by Tiger 1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Good evening everyone

Here is the 3 part of the museums I visited whilst over in Australia The Old Aeroplane Company.... this visit was purely by chance.

We were out for the day just looking around a few antique shops ( or TAT shops... as my mate would call them ) :lol: in the local area when we drove past the museum and parked in the car park of the antique shop next door.

As we were getting out of the car my friends said to me " have a walk over... see if you can get a look inside " I really wanted to but was unsure if I would be successful.

My mate just looked at me and said come on, lets give it ago... so over we walked and I could not believe how welcoming and helpful the lady was in the office ( my apologies for not getting her name )..she was fantastic.... first trying to get someone to show us around but then when she could not get hold of anyone just said " that`s no matter... I will take you round myself ".

She was absolutely fantastic... gave us a tour of both hangars and was extremely knowledgeable of all the aircraft and the history of the establishment... I don`t suppose the Lady as even heard of FC but if she as or somehow this gets back to her ... Thank you very much indeed for your kindness and help...your tour was fantastic. :thumb: )

Anyway on with the log as follows...

THE OLD AEROPLANE COMPANY

Located at ... Tyabb Aerodrome 73 Mornington-Tyabb Road Tyabb, Victoria.

DH VAMPIRE

1835 ( originally operated by the South African Air Force... serial SAAF 245 also ex Rhodesiian Air Force R1835

RRAF-119 ( 4221 ) VH-ZVZ

HARVARD

SNJ-3 6220 (76) VH-NZH

7667 ( VH-

NZ-1056 (56) VH-NAH

AJ845

T28 TROJAN

138278 (8278) VH-NAW

P40 KITTYHAWK

114112 (106 )

P51 MUSTANG

KH677 (P-CV)

TIGERMOTH

VH-BVB

BELL X-1 GLAMOROUS GLENNIS

6062 ( this replica of the X-1 is actually signed by Chuck Yeager. )

FIESELER STORCH

VH-HUN this aircraft is disassembled and under restoration... not sure of it`s military serial.

Well that was it at this very interesting museum of which a lot of the aircraft are kept in a flying condition.

Well worth a visit if you find yourself over there.

Hope you found this interesting.

Last report ( PART 4 ) to follow shortly from the AUSTRALIAN VIETNAM VETERANS MUSEUM

Regards

T1

JAWS

Re: Australian Air Museum Logs Melbourne Victoria ( PART 3 )

Post by JAWS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:06 am

Great logs T1 .
Tiger 1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:22 pm
Good evening everyone

Here is the 3 part of the museums I visited whilst over in Australia The Old Aeroplane Company.... this visit was purely by chance.

We were out for the day just looking around a few antique shops ( or TAT shops... as my mate would call them ) :lol: in the local area when we drove past the museum and parked in the car park of the antique shop next door.

As we were getting out of the car my friends said to me " have a walk over... see if you can get a look inside " I really wanted to but was unsure if I would be successful.

My mate just looked at me and said come on, lets give it ago... so over we walked and I could not believe how welcoming and helpful the lady was in the office ( my apologies for not getting her name )..she was fantastic.... first trying to get someone to show us around but then when she could not get hold of anyone just said " that`s no matter... I will take you round myself ".

She was absolutely fantastic... gave us a tour of both hangars and was extremely knowledgeable of all the aircraft and the history of the establishment... I don`t suppose the Lady as even heard of FC but if she as or somehow this gets back to her ... Thank you very much indeed for your kindness and help...your tour was fantastic. :thumb: )

Anyway on with the log as follows...

THE OLD AEROPLANE COMPANY

Located at ... Tyabb Aerodrome 73 Mornington-Tyabb Road Tyabb, Victoria.

DH VAMPIRE

1835 ( originally operated by the South African Air Force... serial SAAF 245 also ex Rhodesiian Air Force R1835

RRAF-119 ( 4221 ) VH-ZVZ

HARVARD

SNJ-3 6220 (76) VH-NZH

7667 ( VH-XSA

NZ-1056 (56) VH-NAH

AJ845 VH-TXN

T28 TROJAN

138278 (8278) VH-NAW

P40 KITTYHAWK

114112 (106 ) VH-HWK / 41-14112

P51 MUSTANG

KH677 (P-CV) A68-105 CA-18 MUSTANG 21 VH-JUC

TIGERMOTH

VH-BVB

BELL X-1 GLAMOROUS GLENNIS

6062 ( this replica of the X-1 is actually signed by Chuck Yeager. )

FIESELER STORCH

VH-HUN this aircraft is disassembled and under restoration... not sure of it`s military serial.

Apparently it is a Moraine Saulnier MS.500 Criquet ( Ex : VH-FIS / N45FS / F-BJEL / 340 FrAF )

Regards

T1
Regards Steve............

"If the Military had to make money, they'd be doomed !!"
Chuck Adams, Buffalo Airlines.

Tiger 1

Re: Australian Air Museum Logs Melbourne Victoria ( PART 3 )

Post by Tiger 1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi STEVIEJAWS

Many thanks for your help, very much appreciated ... glad you liked the logs.

Regards.

T1

Return to “Rest of the World”