Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Typhoon low level over Mountsorrel, Leics 11/03/20

Seen a military aircraft recently but NOT at one of the bases or airfields listed below? Maybe it flew over the top of you today? Need to tie up the serial? Ask in here. Requests less than 6 months old only please.
nickthebee

Typhoon low level over Mountsorrel, Leics 11/03/20

Post by nickthebee » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:18 pm

Hello all,

A Typhoon gave me a couple of low level flypasts in Mountsorrel, just south of Loughborough at 1435hrs today.
It did a couple of circuits of the area and headed off in a North Easterly direction.
Is anyone able to shed some light on what it was doing,even better a serial tie up!

An unusual occurrence around here.

Cheers

Nick

Gus0898uk

Re: Typhoon low level over Mountsorrel, Leics 11/03/20

Post by Gus0898uk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:39 pm

Nick, I was at Rothley station and it also gave me a good show.
I am guessing that a friend or relative lives in the area, and the pilot decided to 'Buzz the tower', with East Mids ATC approval of course. :)

Many years ago I got a C-130 to come low level over Rothley as part of it's low level navigation excersise.

Gus0898uk

Re: Typhoon low level over Mountsorrel, Leics 11/03/20

Post by Gus0898uk » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:20 pm

I am not sure if there is a connection here, a bit of a coincidence if not. This morning a yellow T-6 Harvard was doing circuits over Mountsorrel and Rothley just like the Typhoon was in March, but not quite as fast. :)

Return to “Recent Serial tie up area”