Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford 3rd July

Seen a military aircraft recently but NOT at one of the bases or airfields listed below? Maybe it flew over the top of you today? Need to tie up the serial? Ask in here. Requests less than 6 months old only please.
Tiger 1

Duxford 3rd July

Post by Tiger 1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi everyone

If you can help with tie ups on the serials of the following... it would be very much appreciated indeed. l indeed.

I passed by Duxford last Wednesday the 3rd July... I was approaching from the A505 going round the roundabout to join the M11 North bound.

As I looked over the field there was a Dakota parked up on the far side on the grass in the corner at the M11 end and also parked in the aera to the left of the super hangar were what looked four Spitfires / WWII fighters.

I assume the Dak was the poorly Norwegian but its the Spits I wolud like the help with mostly.

MTIA for any help given.

Regards.

T1

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford 3rd July

Post by Pen Pusher » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Tim

The Dak is the Norwegian one, needs two new engines, and this might help taken on the 4th. Spot the Buchon and Chipmunk.

Brian

Tiger 1

Re: Duxford 3rd July

Post by Tiger 1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi Brian

Thank you for your help... hmmmm... got them both in the end... the Bucheon snuck in behind the Blue Spit... the chippy was a little harder as the tail fin very simular to the Spit but the undercarriage was the give away 😁.

Looks like they have added a few since the 3rd as I don't recall the Dak and Chippy being present but then again it was onky a quick glance at them as I went round the roundabout.

Didn't have time to call in realky but should have done😕

I gues they are there getting ready for Legends?

Thanks for your help again👍

Return to “Recent Serial tie up area”