Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Greenham Common Website

A forum for the discussion of Military aviation and RAF Station heritage
fender

Greenham Common Website

Post by fender » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:23 pm

I have set up a website dedicated to the history of RAF Greenham Common.

I'm gradually adding more and more content, photos etc.

Please contact me if you have any historic photos taken at the base.

Come and have a look:

www.greenhamcommon.org.uk

tm74sqn

Re: Greenham Common Website

Post by tm74sqn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:32 pm

An interesting and useful web site - well done.
I'm sure that someone will eventually provide serial numbers for all the aircraft that were based and visited there over the years - plus serials for the numerous GLCMs that were wheeled in and out, and flown in and out, of the base!
Cheers, TM74

graham luxton

Post by graham luxton » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:07 am

tm74sqn wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:32 pm
An interesting and useful web site - well done.
I'm sure that someone will eventually provide serial numbers for all the aircraft that were based and visited there over the years - plus serials for the numerous GLCMs that were wheeled in and out, and flown in and out, of the base!
Cheers, TM74
Unfortunately, I don't share you're optimism TM. Having researched Greenham extensivly and "spotted" there numerous times since 1959 I doubt if anyone will ever be able to provide a complete list of based and visiting aircraft, certainly not during its SAC days and during the time of the FRELOC airlift in 1967. It isn't until one gets to the mid-70's and beyond that its possible to say with confidence that yes, everything is known.

100arw

Post by 100arw » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:32 am

From my younger days of getting in under fences etc, I have a few poor photos taken when we got close to the B47s. If you think they maybe of use, pm me and I will forward them on.
P.

Return to “Heritage Area”