Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Quedgeley

A forum for the discussion of Military aviation and RAF Station heritage
Post Reply
Antonp
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:35 am
Location: Gloucestershire

RAF Quedgeley

Post by Antonp » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:10 pm

Does anyone have any pictures of RAF quedgeley?

I'v lived in gloucester all my life(23 years of it) and only found today Quedgeley used to be an RAF base.
Would love to find out some more hirstory on it.
Anton

Dave Smith
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Google

User avatar
Mark
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:19 pm

Cameraless

AshBailey
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 am
Location: Cinderford, Forest of Dean

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by AshBailey » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:59 pm

I did a site survey as a member of the Airfield Research Group just before closure.

Memories include the haunted officers' mess, a tree it was considered bad luck to touch, and the UKADI building, which was shrouded in secrecy. If I can find the ARG Journal from back in the day I'll let you know.

The site was far, far larger than the Kingsway village site.

Alf
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by Alf » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm

There was a Meteor T7 (WF784) on the gate for many years. It's now at Staverton.
Last edited by Alf on Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antonp
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:35 am
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by Antonp » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:27 am

AshBailey wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:59 pm
I did a site survey as a member of the Airfield Research Group just before closure.

Memories include the haunted officers' mess, a tree it was considered bad luck to touch, and the UKADI building, which was shrouded in secrecy. If I can find the ARG Journal from back in the day I'll let you know.

The site was far, far larger than the Kingsway village site.
Very Intresting - thanks very much. I looked online but there is very little info.
Anton

BigDan
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by BigDan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 pm

Alf wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm
There was a Meteor T7 (WF784) on the gate for many years. It's now at Staverton.
WF784 moved down to St Athan last year. She's now with SWAM.
:Oops: :pop: :ninja:

NorvilleRogers
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Re: RAF Quedgeley

Post by NorvilleRogers » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:01 pm

BigDan wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 pm
Alf wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm
There was a Meteor T7 (WF784) on the gate for many years. It's now at Staverton.
WF784 moved down to St Athan last year. She's now with SWAM.
Well it did go to Staverton first for quite a while :Oops: :pop: :ninja: :grr:

Post Reply

Return to “Heritage Area”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests