Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Scampton Vulcans

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing serial here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.
Condor68

Scampton Vulcans

Post by Condor68 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Still finding odd clues to rebuilding log partially lost after floppy disc failure (must be years ago now)wife thinks it has still failed?????mmm.Just wondering if anyone had a rough list of the Vulcans at Scampton between mid April and end of May 1976 .I was commissioning the new (at the time ) Saxilby telephone exchange and while running long run tests we nipped over to Scampton for a few hours most days. They also made a bit of a racket over the Exchange. Thanks for any help

Keith

Condor68

Re: Scampton Vulcans

Post by Condor68 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 pm

By rough I realise there were detachments and some in for mtce but it would be the ones outside or flying I would have seen in that period ,Funnily the thing that triggered it was a West Ham supporter up here going on about his club when I remembered where I watched the Cup winners final .In a Pub in the main street in Saxilby as a poor young scot being plied with alchohol I thought they won it.

Keith

mustang5861

Re: Scampton Vulcans

Post by mustang5861 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Hammers fans have known for many years, no decades, that they only way they can convince themselves their team has won anything is in their drunken dreams - Dundee fans know the feeling!

Return to “Old Serial tie up area”