Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

picture size for the monthly competition

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Bony999

picture size for the monthly competition

Post by Bony999 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:00 pm

Hello All
Is there a maximum size for the picture competition each month? By this I mean does the picture have to be a maximum pixel size in order to load correctly?

many thanks in advance and if I could have found this elsewhere please point me to the topic and I will have a look.

Regards

Bony999

JAWS

Re: picture size for the monthly competition

Post by JAWS » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:07 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24285

7 - Photographic images should only be posted in the Photo Sections and Maximum size is 1600 x 1200. However; special permission can be given for images to be posted in other areas of the forum by a moderator. If you want to add your images to another member's thread (and it has not been mentioned in the original post that it is acceptable) either ask permission to add your images to the thread, or start a thread of your own.
Regards Steve............

"If the Military had to make money, they'd be doomed !!"
Chuck Adams, Buffalo Airlines.

Bony999

Post by Bony999 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi Jaws
Many thanks for the speedy response. I am only thinking of entering the monthly picture comp so I will hope to post it to the topic sometime before the end of the month.

regards

Bony999 :D

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:33 pm

Most, if not all, entrants for the monthly photo competition post their entry (usually with some other images) in the Current Military Photography section first before posting one of them in the photo competition.
I think that most of us find it a bit 'cheeky' for anyone just to post in the photo comp, and nowhere else on the forum, when there are decent prizes to be won.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:39 pm

I thought it used to be a rule that the competion photo had already been posted - or is that just over on the CA forum?

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:44 pm

It's just a rule over on CA Ian, but it should really be a rule here too in my opinion. :)

Bony999

Post by Bony999 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Hi Mike
many thanks for the reply. I understand the reason for that and as I am new to the forum I welcome the advice.
There is nothing worse than someone upsetting the apple cart by doing something everyone else considers a bit of a liberty. I will look at the mentioned topic and see what other pics I can post there first. I am only just out and about this year taking pics locally at the moment so I am limited with what I have captured this month. I do have some other stuff I did just before the pandemic up in Wales so I will if anything is worth a post.

Thanks for the heads up. :D :D

Regards

bony999

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:48 pm

No problem Bony999, looking forward to seeing your shots - have you uploaded them to Flickr yet?

Bony999

Post by Bony999 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi Mike

No I have not loaded them to Flickr. Do I need a Flickr account to do this? as I said I am new to these things and thought you could load them to a post as a new topic.

Drop me a line when you have time and set me straight about this if you don't mind.

regards

Bony999

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:38 pm

Bony999

Post by Bony999 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:53 pm

Hi Nighthawke

Many thanks for the link. I have just opened a Flickr account so I will have a play.

regards

Bony999

Return to “The Newbie Forum”