Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Mark1

Re: New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

Post by Mark1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 am

Hi everyone, :D

Just to introduce myself, my name is Mark, i'm 47 and have been an enthusiast since i was a small brat living on the flightpath to Manchester Airport remembering fondly the BOAC VC10's and 707's going into the airport, also used to visit the Woodford airshows. Couldn't afford to go to other places till i was older!

Used to visit IAT at Greenham and did regular visits to military airfields in the early/ mid eighties when allsorts, especially the F4's were racing about the skies.

Lost touch with it all for a while but over the last two years got back into it and moved to within the Coningsby, Cranwell , Cottesmore triangle earlier this year, heaven!!!

Harriers, Typhoons, Tornadoes, etc pottering about especially the harriers very very low over the village. Apparently no more though, what a bummer!

Enjoying reading whats happening in the world and that some of my questions can be answered!!

First one if that's ok is i've heard that the RAF aren't now flying on a friday or is that just the harriers, friday is my day off!!!! Going now, to visit a mate at Marham, to get a fix

All the best

Mark

jensonsdad

Newbie from West Yorkshire

Post by jensonsdad » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Just found you guys and glad to see the scene alive and kicking!

Been away for far too many years and now looking for like minded people to share days out etc

Based in Leeds and hoping to get out and about as soon as weather improves :clap:

Lincoln

Post by Lincoln » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 am

I really should introduce myself :D I'm Helen and as my name suggests i'm from Lincoln a couple of miles to one side of Waddington's 20 approach ;) and just on the edge of the airspace used by the Reds :clap: .

Been lurking on here (the previous fora too) for far too long (about 2 years I think :blush: ).
I know a coule of people here from other fora (TVOC club forum, Iconic forum and Key publishing mostly) it was Heyfordian (Ian) who refered me here :clap:

My dad used to take me to various airshows when I was little but after he died in 94' I lost interest until in 2005 we found the viewing area (quite by accident) at Coningsby, been a regular there ever since with my mum who probably gets more excited than I do :lol: :clap: :D .

I'm a rubbish photographer :D but I do take the odd snap shot, sometimes they even look ok :lol: :clap: :D , I also take a lot of video which I have on youtube (HihoNYR8811 if anyone wants to search for my channel).

Flyingmonster

Re: Newbie from West Yorkshire

Post by Flyingmonster » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 pm

jensonsdad wrote:Just found you guys and glad to see the scene alive and kicking!

Been away for far too many years and now looking for like minded people to share days out etc

Based in Leeds and hoping to get out and about as soon as weather improves :clap:
Ah you are just down the way from me mate! I am in Skipton :thumb: :thumb: Welcome!
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

'The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down!' - Yeager

Heyfordian

Post by Heyfordian » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Welcome Lincoln (Helen) you are a far from rubbish photographer!!! Post your Tiffie sunset photo here and see what responses you get.

;)

maudit

Post by maudit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Hello everyone,
Like all of you I am passionate about aircraft and pictures. But also
by any other thing that we discovered over time.
Cons by my English is completely null and please excuse already
Google for its poor translation, but still better than mine. :blush:
I am from Belgium in its French-speaking part. I am 53 and I work in the automotive parts and accessories.

Have a nice day

Jean-Paul

finnmac2

Post by finnmac2 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 pm

finnmac2 wrote:Hello everybody , My name is John ..Macca to my friends i am 49 years old married with 2 kids & i live just north of Worksop in Notts , i have been into aviation almost all my life i live about 8 miles from old RAF Finningley now Robin Hood airport & my main reason for getting into aircraft is quite simply seeing Vulcans roaring over my village on a regular basis as a kid and after that i used to go to the Finningley airshows year in year out in fact in all that time i think i only missed 2 shows since around 1967 ..ish, been all over the country following this great hobby, to shows , visits etc & had the time of my life esp in the 80's & 90's when airshows were airshows spent many a happy hour at places like Mildenhall(johns field) Lakenheath , Alconbury , Binbrook to name a few , im also into the Civi side of aviation as well . I worked at Robin Hood Airport for a short period back in 2007 (dream job )until i was diagnosed with kidney failure so unfortunatly i have had to pack in work, been into aviation all my life get a great job at my local airport & then 3 months in & i fall sick .....still thats life & its not how you get hit its how you hit back , once i get a transplant i aim to get back into full time work again but it all takes time.
So keep up the good work FC ....best site by a country mile

Hi Guys ...Just to update you ....I was taken into hospital on the 25th Nov & i have now had my kidney transplant... got home this afternoon & all is well seems like there really is a santa :thumbs: .....all the best
John

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Good to hear John. Hope you are fighting fit again soon. :thumb:

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Great News Mate! :thumb: :thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

Lowfly11

Post by Lowfly11 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Take it easy John..and all the best.Regards Lowfly11.

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Remember, you can post an introduction in here.

New or not so new, please introduce yourself. :clap:

wildy

Post by wildy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

hi, i grew up under the flightpath of raf finningly.....provosts, jet streams, dominies......plus loads of visitors, mainly tonks and hawks.
spent summers in cleethorpes, went to doonna nook 3 times a week in the days of the a10s etc, remember seeing german starfighters rocketing and flying so low the sand was flying up on the beach! the good old days!
my dad used to do some work for the raf so i would go with him to binbrook/Coningsby etc phantoms....saw lightnings do a quick reaction scramble.....that was amazing!
anyway thats some of my history! pleased to meet you! cheers

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Welcome to all :thumb:

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Welcome mate :thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:28 pm

To our new joiners - 113 of you this month, a huge welcome.

Feel free to get involved and make any suggestions as to how we can improve.

You are all most welcome. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

trevorh

Post by trevorh » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi everyone, well, I'm Trev I was a member on here a few years ago I think, but now well and truly back into 'the scene'! I grew up in Grimsby/Louth watching the Lightnings flying over Wintringham School and cycling up to Binbrook/Donna Nook rain or shine :) I landed a part in Memphis Belle, filmed partly at RAF Binbrook, as I'm sure some of you may know? And spent a fantastic 3 weeks watching and being a part of it all.

These days I live in Derbyshire and i'm a surfer, more recently though I have got more into photography (not been so many waves), and re-discovered my love for all things aircraft. Also recently heard about the Lightnings in Bruntingthorpe and really MUST visit there!!!

Look forward to meeting you, and learning how to take some of those AMAZING photos I've been looking at all week :clap:

Trev

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:46 am

Welcome trevorh. Always nice to see ex Binbrook boys on here! :thumbs:

I've cycled to both Binny and Donna hundreds of times too.............. :thumb:

ollies-c

Post by ollies-c » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi everyone,

My names ollie, and im 17. Ive been a lurker for a while but now decided to say hello. I live nearby brize norton, benson and fairford and now I can drive ill be able to pop along to see some gorgeous planes.

Thanks

Ollie

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 am

Great to have you onboard Ollie :thumb:

FIREBIRD56

Post by FIREBIRD56 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 am

New guy from up north!

Hi

Just signed up and thought I'd say hi.

Carl from Sunny Lancashire although an Essex boy.

My love in aviation is the Phantom, mainly the RAF and RN versions but I love em all, although into any military aircraft to be honest.

Glad to be a part of this.

Thanks
Firebird 56!

What if heaven falls?

Return to “The Newbie Forum”