Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Canarypilot

Re: New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

Post by Canarypilot » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:53 am

Hello all. Glad to be part of this interesting and fun forum. Looking forward to being part of it and to continue my education in aviation which has been ongoing for 50 yrs. I did start my PPL in Florida in 2001 but due to bad weather never completed it. I tried to continue in the UK but things went against me so this was never completed. Not meant to be and never now will be.

Military aviation has been an interest since my parents moved to Brandon in 1982 and, when home from University it was wonderful seeing the F1-11s flying overhead, not forgetting the even more wonderful A-10 tank buster's.

Today I have my own property (6 yrs) in Brandon which is right on the flight path of Lakenheath, about 1.5 miles from the end of the runway. I am in my element and have just, at recommendation of a friend, purchased a scanner and a couple of dipole antenna's so I can expand my hobby now I am semi-retired.

I love photography and am still trying to get the perfect shot. Thus far it has eluded me and prob always will but I will keep going with stills and video and try and learn from my peers.

Thanks for having me on this forum.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:40 am

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum matey :thumbs:

Happy listening :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Canarypilot

Post by Canarypilot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 am

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Return to “The Newbie Forum”