Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Info board

Have something to tell John? Any feedback is welcome in here
Bobby Jo

Info board

Post by Bobby Jo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi John

It was great to meet you today and thanks for taking the time to chat. I know we spoke about loads of ideas some more long term than others. Just wanted to remind you about the info board. I think it would be great for us spotters and passing trade if we knew what was on the ground or possibly due in. Had I not gone down the Hamston end today then I would not have come back up to see the C17 depart.

Try and get the Air Ambulance to fly in for a fund raising afternoon as well. I'm sure it would be a winner if advertised properly.

Good luck with the venture I think you will do a great job and make it real focal point. I will pm you all the conacts we spoke about too

Best

Rob

The W.A.V.E
Location: The WAVE - RAF Waddington Aircraft Viewing Experience

Re: Info board

Post by The W.A.V.E » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Rob,
really enjoyed our chat and i think the ideas we threw at each other were really good and i hope i can implement some asap and also get in touch with the contacts you have for me.

I am toying with many ideas with regards to getting people to come to the Wave and you had some good ideas which i will endeavour to act upon. Thanks again.

If anyone has any ideas on what i could sell in the shop and/or car park then please let me know. Yes, i am a business and i need it to make me a living, but i am also there to help you all in your passion and supply what you need.

So please anybody who has any ideas, please feel free to tell me.

Thanks
John
Life is great amongst the greatest birds in the sky!!!!

Bobby Jo

Post by Bobby Jo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi John

How about a Face book page like the FC Facebook page?

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi John, It was great meeting you the other day, "Airwaves 2010" is just great :thumbs: Just a thought, I for one would like the chance to buy batteries for my scanner, cards for my camera etc etc. How abouts a "WAVE membership" (for a small fee) members can get email updates, first shout on publications, maybe tickets for the airshow...not sure if the base can help you with that. How about an evening B B Q when night flying or late flying is active. Just thoughts but as a member of a club makes me feel "special".......no jokes please :D :D

Regards

Craig

The W.A.V.E

Post by The W.A.V.E » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi Bobby Jo,
I have already set one up with some photos and a chat section so please feel free to join and suggest the group to others.
You can find it by typing in R.A.F Waddington. Sentry Post Snack Bar

sorry would post the link but Facebook isnt letting me copy the link at the minute.

Thanks for your input mate :thumb:

John

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Here's the Facebook link for you all -

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 2508196434

Steve

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Sorry John, Paula my wife just said a sit down/pato area where wives/girlfriends can relax whilest us guys can take our pics :thumbs: also maybe we can plug our laptops in ane be connected to the web so we can work or more importantly upload our pics to "FighterControl" :thumbs:

The W.A.V.E

Post by The W.A.V.E » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi Craig, was great to meet you too mate.

I am awaiting some info on scanners and there components at present as well as Binoculars and telescopes etc. Im sure they would be popular.

I love the idea of the membership. Only problem is i have so little time after i close that i couldnt do it justice at present, but i should be getting air show tickets very soon, so will let you all know when i have them.

Again, a great idea re the BBQ and easily achievable, another problem i have is knowing when to arrange it for night flying as i have no idea on how to get this information and be able to plan in time. Any ideas my special one :Wow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

The W.A.V.E

Post by The W.A.V.E » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks for the link Steve, much appreciated :thumb:

Hi Craig,
We have to benches so far,but i do hope to make a nie picnic area on the grass and if im really lucky, i hope to park an aircraft on there as well so they could picnic under the wings, but that is in the very very very early planning stages. LOL

I will have to see about the plugging in of laptops as that all costs and would have to be specially wired in with permissions from the MOD which can be a minefield of paperwork, but i will look into this asap.

Thanks again

John

The W.A.V.E

Post by The W.A.V.E » Sat May 01, 2010 8:35 pm

I have bought today a very large Nobo white wipe board for info on the days activities and possibles arriving in the near future etc.
I thought it would be a good idea to write down what i hear and also to get you guys to put on what you want as well especially serial numbers as i get asked alot about these and i havent got a clue.
What do you guys think?

John

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat May 01, 2010 8:58 pm

People will definately appreciate being able to pick up the serials of something they missed, so that's a winner!

Steve

Ben Montgomery
Administrator

Post by Ben Montgomery » Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 pm

John,

You are definitely onto a winner with this, and everything you are doing! :thumb:

It's fantastic to see someone being so friendly and proactive to help out spotters and photographers - I'm sure the WAVE will just be getting more and more popular! :thumbs:

Ben

Macc

Post by Macc » Sat May 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Ben Montgomery wrote:John,

You are definitely onto a winner with this, and everything you are doing! :thumb:

It's fantastic to see someone being so friendly and proactive to help out spotters and photographers - I'm sure the WAVE will just be getting more and more popular! :thumbs:

Ben
That! :clap:
If only we had a an xAVE at every air base with as good staffing as you!

The W.A.V.E

Post by The W.A.V.E » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

:blush:
Jeesh, thanks guys. LOL Such kind words. :thumbs:

I hope i can encourage more spotters, enthusiasts and photographers to come down to the WAVE and this was one way to look after the people who look after me.

I am also thinking about asking the MOD if they will give me a second cabin to put on top of the existing one with a balcony for spotters and photographers to have a better view of the base. I hope i can do this as it will give views that no other base can provide.

Thanks
John

headset 57

Post by headset 57 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Well done to your new venture, and own slot on the board!.

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Mon May 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Softbill Man wrote:
I am also thinking about asking the MOD if they will give me a second cabin to put on top of the existing one with a balcony for spotters and photographers to have a better view of the base. I hope i can do this as it will give views that no other base can provide.
Now that is a fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe it's never been thought of before :blush: :blush: :blush:

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Mon May 03, 2010 7:24 pm

If the room extension is turned down, how about a raised area over by the fenceline closest to the approach?

I'm thinking something similar to John's field at Mildenhall, if one of the Milly locals can help out with a picture to illustrate the idea?

Saves taking your life in your hands by crossing the road. Ask Terry Senior, Triplex, about being a "hood ornament" :'(

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

My head is thinking "why doesn't John open up the "Sunset Waddo Bar" where topless women drink free and he writes down the arrival times of everything on a surf-board sticking-up out of the sand,does 2 for 1 rum and cokes all afternoon(with free Heineken) and has a reggae band playing all day while we all dip our toes in the lapping warm waves"

Only a suggestion John ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
See you soon buddy.

The W.A.V.E

Post by The W.A.V.E » Mon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I did mention about turning the gift shop into a lap dancing bar :Wow: to the MOD and for some reason, he said no straight away. He didnt even think about it :@ Must have asked at a bad time and will try again. Im sure that might attract a few spotters :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will have to get in touch with someone on the base about the second floor and hopefully they will let me have one as im sure they have plenty of empty ones lying around.

John
P.S anyone know of any decommissioned small military aircraft going for free so i can park one on the grass in the middle???
jr

T_J

Post by T_J » Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 am

Hi John,

Will you be open during the airshow and the arrivals/departure days? I know that the usual routine is to close the WAVE during that period. It seems such a shame for you to lose business. I appreciate that the car park has to be closed, otherwise it would cause traffic havoc, but surely the shop could stay open for pedestrian access? All you have to do is put up a sign at the entrance. There is a substantial amount of people traffic that view from the outside. A couple of signs up near the threshold would bring the customers in? Probably fall foul of the authorities though that don't want to encourage people on the busy roadside?

An idea for exhibit on the grass? About a month ago I noticed an F-4 Phantom tail fin just up from the Lincs Air Ambulance area. It was by the gate on some pallets lying on its side. Worth a small walk up to see if it is sill there? It seemed to be in some special coloured markings? Possibly something that you could contact the station about?

Cheers

TJ

Return to “WAVE Feedback”