Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

September 2019

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
starfighter

September 2019

Post by starfighter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm

With the up and coming Cobra Warrior in September, and understandable the great interest, that will no doubt
attract my hundreds if not more people. I was wondering if there are any special arrangements being made for the use
of the WAVE , have been quiet a few times and no that it opens roughly at 8ish, but when the aircraft start to arrive, there will be a lot of people waiting/parking up to get in ,as we all no the A15 there is extremely bizzy, so is it ( the WAVE ) opening early,
or is there going to be some kind of booking idea.
I for one would have no problem with paying/ making a donation which could be given to a worthy cause.
Just trying to work out my best options, as I’ve heard people say they intend to arrive at Waddington by 5/6 in the morning,
also would like to avoid the possible agro.
Many thanks.
Steve.

reaper493

Re: September 2019

Post by reaper493 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Pretty sure the owner will open up earlier than normal, normal times of late have been 9am, think I've heard 7 mentioned.
In the past they have closed the car park when full, after letting people park on the grass in the middle, and putting extra rows in where they can.
They do also use some of the old dispersal further south along the A15 for large events (Vulcan farewell tour being one).

Cobra warrior is one for 3 weeks, I would hope the visitors would be spread out, and not everyone arrive all at once.

I'm on the WAVE facebook group, and will share anything I can close to the time.

Also of note, the Lincoln east bypass is being constructed, and it crosses the A15 north of the threshold but before Bracebridge, road works will be on going at this time.

Mike

BigWillp75

Post by BigWillp75 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 pm

anyone give an idea how packed it has been over the last few days? looking to make a visit tomorrow.

Thanks

britaylor

Post by britaylor » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Over flow car park again today be early

BigWillp75

Post by BigWillp75 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:08 pm

I was and Thanks. Great Day

Return to “RAF Waddington”