Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Your Build of the Year...

Please post your finished builds in here.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

Flyingmonster

Your Build of the Year...

Post by Flyingmonster » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Well its getting to that time of the year when the nights are colder, darker and more miserable.... :'( As the end of the year rapidly approaches I thought it would be a good idea to show of our best builds of the year :thumb: :thumb:

The idea being add a shot to the thread and a few lines on why its your best build :thumb: :thumb:
This is my build of the year. 1/48 Airfix Canberra B2 in 249 'Gold Coast' Squadron markings. I built this up in a scheme of a Aircraft my Grandad flew when he was OC of 249. He was over the moon when I presented it to him and has some real stories about the aircraft including one where he and his crew nearly had to bale out due to the controls Icing up over Pakistan! He sadly Died 3 weeks later after this picture was taken :'( But I am glad he managed to enjoy it a little bit :thumb: :thumb:

So whats your build of the year?
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

'The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down!' - Yeager

Canberra Kid

Re: Your Build of the Year...

Post by Canberra Kid » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 pm

What a cracking photo James I bet he was chuffed! I know I would have been. :thumbs:
John
Nothing can like a Canberra can

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Canberra Kid wrote:What a cracking photo James I bet he was chuffed! I know I would have been. :thumbs:
John
Ditto. A very nice touch there Jamie. :)
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Canberra Kid

Post by Canberra Kid » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Well no prizes for guessing what mine is, yes it's a Canberra but it was toss up between this and my Orion. The Canberra just gets it by a head. Why? well it is the culmination of a few years of deep research by myself and a friend in the USA. As a result I think I now have the most accurate RB.57E this side of the Atlantic; that for me is a very satisfying felling. :cool:
John
Nothing can like a Canberra can

Return to “Gallery”