Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Please post your finished builds in here.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

Post Reply
User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 am

Hi
After making the Mirage 2000C was really looking forward to this ,I love the aeroplane, had a good idea where all the pitfalls were so thought it would be a breeze :thumb: ...wrong :grr: The main problem is the instructions , they are close to useless :grr: It is supposed to be a 2000D/N , apart from, the decals (which are nice ) they tell you nothing , there are no colour callouts for the cockpit or anything else during the build , there are no LGBs ( mine came from the spares box ) for the D , but you do get the carrying rack :S , there is no ASMP for the N . I could go on .Any one wanting to make this kit I suggest getting good reference before you start , luckily I had 3 good books to work from , which were invaluable :thumb:

Anyway moan over :lol: here is the finished article , decals from the kit , which were very nice , 2 resin MB Mk10 seats suitably modified , and Xtracolor , using thier modern French Air Force colours

Sorry to sound so negative but when a kit is £100 plus I think you should expect a little bit more :S :S

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

ImageDSCF2126 by pip1047, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2127 by pip1047, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2128 by pip1047, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2130 by pip1047, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2131 by pip1047, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2132 by pip1047, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2133 by pip1047, on Flickr

User avatar
Knife 04
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: 'Downtown'

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by Knife 04 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:18 am

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare build mate but...........however it went together you absolutely nailed it!!

That is one hell of a build - stunning!! Loved watching these flying with the 'Ramex Delta'

Take care and stay safe Paul

Darren
21st Special Operations Squadron 'Dust Devils'
'So cool other pilots say Damn!' - Slife Slife Baby

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22790934@N07/

User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:10 am

Hi Darren

Thanks mare :clap:

The kit in its self is OK , its just the working out where it all goes :lol: :lol: Another example , there are 3 main canopies :S you guessed it they tell you to put the wrong one on the rear cockpit :grr: Its silly things like that , that annoy me , a total lack of care when producing things :grr:

Stay safe

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

Sparts99
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:02 pm
Location: London/Kent

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:54 am

Another winner, top work.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

User avatar
Scuba 11
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: EGVN

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by Scuba 11 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Sorry it was a mare, but what a stunning build :thumb:

MR TERRY GREEN
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by MR TERRY GREEN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Stunning looking build,well done.

Kevin Brewer
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by Kevin Brewer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Another fabulous result Paul!

User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks guys :clap: :clap: :clap:

The plastic is fine , just the "paper work " where Kitty Hawk need to up their game :(

Looks nice next to the 2000C :thumbs:

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

User avatar
paddyboy
Posts: 19911
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Somewhere in Norfolk

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by paddyboy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:24 am

Hi Paul :P

We are not worthy, yet again :Wow:

You certainly managed to rescue that one :thumbs:

Well done :thumb:

Patrick :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife


Image
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

User avatar
JONLITE06
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by JONLITE06 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi Paul........finished results STUNNING!!! Constant problem-solving seems to be the way with modern kits......unless they're Tamiya! :thumb:

User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks guys :clap: :clap: :clap:

As I say the kit is nice , not a problem :thumb: once you work out which bits to use and which to discard :S :S I still have bits I have no idea of what they are :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

cj9ru
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:29 am
Location: Tayport, Fife
Contact:

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by cj9ru » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:01 pm

Paul, that looks stunning. I love how 'real' you get them to look.
Well worth the effort

Chris

User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:22 am

cj9ru wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:01 pm
Paul, that looks stunning. I love how 'real' you get them to look.
Well worth the effort

Chris
Thanks Chris :clap: :clap: All I need is a blue wall now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

User avatar
PeteHemsley
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: mobile UK
Contact:

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PeteHemsley » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm

I've always wanted this kit, but the amount of scratch building needed even for canopy frames etc is just too much for a £100 kit. If you check the likes of the Great Wall hobby kits and the AMK f14, they have beautifully. Modelled canopy framing and details. Surely this would have been achievable in 1/32nd.

User avatar
PeteHemsley
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: mobile UK
Contact:

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PeteHemsley » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm

PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm
I've always wanted this kit, but the amount of scratch building needed even for canopy frames etc is just too much for a £100 kit. If you check the likes of the Great Wall hobby kits and the AMK f14, they have beautifully. Modelled canopy framing and details. Surely this would have been achievable in 1/32nd.
Great build by the way! I always forget the important things :thumbs:

User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:42 pm

PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm
PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm
I've always wanted this kit, but the amount of scratch building needed even for canopy frames etc is just too much for a £100 kit. If you check the likes of the Great Wall hobby kits and the AMK f14, they have beautifully. Modelled canopy framing and details. Surely this would have been achievable in 1/32nd.
Great build by the way! I always forget the important things :thumbs:
Thanks Pete :clap:

I totally agree with you ,but that is just one little gripe amongst many with this kit Im afraid :( Definately not a £100 kit :S

Cheers

Paul :thumb:

User avatar
PeteHemsley
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: mobile UK
Contact:

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PeteHemsley » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:35 pm

PaulN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:42 pm
PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm
PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm
I've always wanted this kit, but the amount of scratch building needed even for canopy frames etc is just too much for a £100 kit. If you check the likes of the Great Wall hobby kits and the AMK f14, they have beautifully. Modelled canopy framing and details. Surely this would have been achievable in 1/32nd.
Great build by the way! I always forget the important things :thumbs:
Thanks Pete :clap:

I totally agree with you ,but that is just one little gripe amongst many with this kit Im afraid :( Definately not a £100 kit :S

Cheers

Paul :thumb:
The thing is Paul, when you have the only kit of its kind, you can name your price. Obviously they are recovering the costs of brand new tooling, new plastic testing and not to mention the production costs.

User avatar
PaulN
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am
Location: NE Hampshire

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Post by PaulN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:12 pm

PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:35 pm
PaulN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:42 pm
PeteHemsley wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 pm


Great build by the way! I always forget the important things :thumbs:
Thanks Pete :clap:

I totally agree with you ,but that is just one little gripe amongst many with this kit Im afraid :( Definately not a £100 kit :S

Cheers

Paul :thumb:
The thing is Paul, when you have the only kit of its kind, you can name your price. Obviously they are recovering the costs of brand new tooling, new plastic testing and not to mention the production costs.
Just a shame they never put much thought into it is the bottom line , its us modellers who have to spend their hard earned cash on them :( I appreciate what you are saying but the costs in China are nothing like they are for a lot of countries I have actually contacted Kitty Hawk back when the Jaguar came out , and was told to stop complaining :S :S :S Great PR from them , I still have the email :S

Post Reply

Return to “Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests