Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hasegawa Phantom FG1 nose

Any questions on modelling techniques? Post your query here.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

joe spares

Hasegawa Phantom FG1 nose

Post by joe spares » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 am

Hi
I'm getting back into modelling and am just in the process of building a 48 scale F4G and found that the kit decals leave a lot to be desired.
Tucked away in the stash is a FG1 in the Boscombe Down 25yrs scheme, the decals look past their best and have some yellowing so I'm reluctant to use them, but remember reading in the distant past that the Boscombe F4 had a different nosecone to standard FG1's (although TBH I can't tell from looking at the bits!)
So, if I go down the road of making a Sqn RAF jet, will the nose be correct?
If not, I'm tempted to just do a "plain" XT597 without the 25yr marks ....

cloudhawk

Re: Hasegawa Phantom FG1 nose

Post by cloudhawk » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:19 am

Hi "JS", I have a Hasegawa 1/48 Boscombe F-4 kit lurking in my "to build" mountain ,it has whitemetal wheels + a different nose radome (as an option) all included in the kit . I can't lay my hands on it at the moment unfortunately , but I seem to remember that Modeldecal produced a decal sheet for the Boscombe anniversary scheme . The Boscombe nose is deeper on the underside with a shape similar to an RF-4 camera nose without the windows .
Cheers , Cloudhawk :thumb:

iainpeden

Re: Hasegawa Phantom FG1 nose

Post by iainpeden » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 pm

JS
Modeldecal sheet was in 1/72. pm me your details because I think I have a full set of decals for the Boscombe F4 in my spares box.
Iain

Return to “Technical - Tools and Tips/Walkrounds”