Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

This is interesting, what's going on at Waddo ?

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
pikey01

Re: This is interesting, what's going on at Waddo ?

Post by pikey01 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Ive heard they have hired a new PR guy...

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 pm

RichC wrote:I'm more interested in what weapon the brillo pad UAV is carrying to kill people. Sounds quite a technology leap.
Yes, but WILL IT BE AT RIAT?????

Bicster

Post by Bicster » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 pm

I want one of those brillo pad UAV's, my oven could do with a good scrub as the missus has been slacking as of late. I think its still legal to thrash the missus as long as the stick isnt any thicker than the little finger, that might get the oven clean without resorting to the brillo pad UAV, it could then be employed as a most excellent toy for our resident cat as I overlook proceedings in the oven cleaning department.

Flying Warden

Post by Flying Warden » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 am

jakdaw wrote:Hey I am confused cant see any sign today of a protest and just the one camper on Saturday is the protest on going or has it been and gone. Also anyone who is a friend of Johns or is easily wound up avoid reading this. http://directactionstation.com/?p=4094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting read, doncha just love these self righteous types. :roll:
Fly low, Fly fast, watch out for speed cameras.

pikey01

Post by pikey01 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:34 am

Does also prove that at least one of them are a registered member on here, most members won't have noticed, but the mess section was "hidden" to guests a while ago, and yet they make reference to John's comments in this thread on saturday.

wokka

Post by wokka » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 am

Think I'd like to hear John's response to that. Potentially slanderous.

Its interesting too, that its clearly headed "Waddington Peace Camp Beginning..." which suggests she is about to set up camp for a long period of time. The only headache this will cause is to enthusiasts who will continue to be slandered by the individual.

However, I repeat from earlier, the day she chose to start protesting, all her friends were remembering their history by descending on Greenham Common to have a party in front of the cameras. She was at Waddington... alone. Looks like her friends have deserted her.
Intolerant, cynical, sarcastic, old b******

https://www.flickr.com/photos/varcs/

pikey01

Post by pikey01 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 am

I blame royal mail...her invite was obviously lost in the post. I'm sure its not the case of her "sisters" wanting nothing to do with a bitter crackpot.

Synchro Pair

Post by Synchro Pair » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:27 am

Somebody who knows John should screen grab that article as it is slander I would say.
"....with the help of smoke and mirrors"

All views/comments posted are my own and not those of an official source.

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Softbill Man wrote:No matter how much i argued with her, or stated facts she replied to what she thought was right. Even when i said in no way will she harm my business, she went off on a tangent about drones, computer geeks and computer assassins etc.
What did you honestly expect?
I've been called a supporter of "baby killers", a "racist", a "nazi", a "fascist" and all sorts of other crazy things before by crackpot lefties for me being a proud patriot and always supporting our brilliant British armed forces. Crackpot lefties are just absolutely nuts and their arguments, even as humanitarian or well meaning as they might sometimes seem, are always flawed. They never see the wood for the trees, you can never really get through to them and so it's usually just a complete waste of time and effort even trying to - as you found out. There's no even compromising, reasoning or anything, their minds are already made up and you're just every ridiculously evil name under the sun to them. They're complete and utter crackpot jokes whose hearts are - typically of lefties - where their brains should be.
I always enjoy telling crackpot lefties that there will never ever be any sort of Utopia on earth as long as so many contraceptive dodging (stuff religion!) humans exist on it - and there won't be - and that they themselves most likely only exist now as a result of ancestors of theirs down through history having fought in battles and wars to secure their peoples futures. They can rarely stomach such home truths though and being linked to fighting enemies, often no matter what any just cause there might've been for doing so either.
Softbill Man wrote:However tonight, the van and 6 protesters were not seen anywhere,
Fantastic support from over 62 million people then?! :lol: Even whenever they're protesting or on some march with a few thousand people in, laughable lefties always desperately try portraying it as therefor representative of the majority of 62 million (excluding hoards of LIEbour-let-in illegal immigrants yet to be caught and then hopefully immediately slung out) UK citizens! There isn't a more do-goody delusional lot on the planet.
--------SBS & PP+Mlat user--------
ImageImage
http://www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another form of extremism is extreme tolerance.

Flying Warden

Post by Flying Warden » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Watcher wrote:
Softbill Man wrote:No matter how much i argued with her, or stated facts she replied to what she thought was right. Even when i said in no way will she harm my business, she went off on a tangent about drones, computer geeks and computer assassins etc.
What did you honestly expect?
I've been called a supporter of "baby killers", a "racist", a "nazi", a "fascist" and all sorts of other crazy things before by crackpot lefties for me being a proud patriot and always supporting our brilliant British armed forces. Crackpot lefties are just absolutely nuts and their arguments, even as humanitarian or well meaning as they might sometimes seem, are always flawed. They never see the wood for the trees, you can never really get through to them and so it's usually just a complete waste of time and effort even trying to - as you found out. There's no even compromising, reasoning or anything, their minds are already made up and you're just every ridiculously evil name under the sun to them. They're complete and utter crackpot jokes whose hearts are - typically of lefties - where their brains should be.
I always enjoy telling crackpot lefties that there will never ever be any sort of Utopia on earth as long as so many contraceptive dodging (stuff religion!) humans exist on it - and there won't be - and that they themselves most likely only exist now as a result of ancestors of theirs down through history having fought in battles and wars to secure their peoples futures. They can rarely stomach such home truths though and being linked to fighting enemies, often no matter what any just cause there might've been for doing so either.
Softbill Man wrote:However tonight, the van and 6 protesters were not seen anywhere,
Fantastic support from over 62 million people then?! :lol: Even whenever they're protesting or on some march with a few thousand people in, laughable lefties always desperately try portraying it as therefor representative of the majority of 62 million (excluding hoards of LIEbour-let-in illegal immigrants yet to be caught and then hopefully immediately slung out) UK citizens! There isn't a more do-goody delusional lot on the planet.
What he said! :thumb:
Fly low, Fly fast, watch out for speed cameras.

davedubya

Post by davedubya » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:22 pm

jakdaw wrote:Hey I am confused cant see any sign today of a protest and just the one camper on Saturday is the protest on going or has it been and gone. Also anyone who is a friend of Johns or is easily wound up avoid reading this. http://directactionstation.com/?p=4094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm always suspicious of any site that links to 9/11 conspiracy videos.

This reference to "THREATENED VIOLENT DISORDER BY PLANE SPOTTERS" wasn't linked to anybody on here was it?

sentryaew1

Post by sentryaew1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I know you can be a bit slow with the cheese burgers John but death threats is just taking it too far!!!!

Stephen
23 Squadron. Royal Air Force.
"Semper Aggressus"
"Bringing order to chaos". Accolade to NATO E3D Component for Operation Ellamy.

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Premature thread locking about this on the Waddington thread by the mods, sorry guys its rumbling on. http://directactionstation.com/?p=4101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 pm

jakdaw wrote:Premature thread locking about this on the Waddington thread by the mods, sorry guys its rumbling on. http://directactionstation.com/?p=4101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The thread that was locked was about the closure of the WAVE on Saturday the 3rd of September 2011, it is now the 6th of September 2011.

Feel free to add your constructive comments to this thread though.

turbosix

Post by turbosix » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 pm

davedubya wrote:This reference to "THREATENED VIOLENT DISORDER BY PLANE SPOTTERS" wasn't linked to anybody on here was it?
More likely, it was probably one of their own, pretending to be a plane spotter. Just a thought...

aviationandy

Post by aviationandy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Observed a said protester today. We actually thought the poor old girl on duty, all by herself, had died, :O as she was slumped in her car as we passed on the way to Coningsby, & was still in the same position upon our return a few hours later.

Much to our relief, we were informed by the WAVE crew that she had been seen wandering around the car, & re-arranging her "Assasins!!!" banner, draped, protest like, down the side of her hatchback.

Special mention to civilian & military police, doing a cracking job of liasing with John, & the protester, to ensure there are no problems. In the hour I was there this morning, we had 3 visits.

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 pm

I am deeply saddened for John. after everything he has done for the WAVE since he took it over he now has to put up with thus.

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Chef, if I was John, i'd just try flogging as much temptingly tasty grub (have to get some veggie burgers in of course) and drinks to any numb skulled protesters as possible. I'd be as friendly as anything to them and absolutely relish taking as much ching as I could off the fairy land living pillocks.:D
--------SBS & PP+Mlat user--------
ImageImage
http://www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another form of extremism is extreme tolerance.

RichC

Post by RichC » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:03 pm

It happens everywhere, look at the riots and student protests earlier in the year. Protests yes, turned violent which ended up with Prince Charles' car having its window smashed and the Cenotaph being climbed all over by some idiot who has a father in the music industry.

Businesses will always be on the brunt of protests because protestors simply do not care what their actions do to others. Half the time they have no idea what they are protesting over in the first place. Most of their research is via conspiracy theories (chemtrails et al) and so they never receive the proper correct information because they simply to do not want to hear the right info because it is against their beliefs. It's like a religious sect, once into their beliefs they will never listen, never gain the correct information, never attempt to abide by rules/laws and eventually ruin other peoples property/businesses just for their cause.
Most followers of protests have no idea what it is about, they just hear a protest is going to happen and join in. Some just to cause trouble, some just going along cause its a day out.
Johns business is no different to those in London, Birmingham and elsewhere whereby rioters/protestors decide to ruin everything just for their pleasure.

It is always the innocent parties that get harmed the most even through peaceful protests. These of which in the past have committed acts of trespass (farmers fields, MoD establishments), criminal damage (cutting fences, tearing up fields etc) and so on.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 pm

"After liasing with the relevant authorities, we have been advised to lock this thread with regards to the peace camp protest at RAF Waddington.

Please can all members refrain from creating new topics on this subject - whilst we do not want to stifle debate, this is regarded by the authorities as the best option available. We know a lot of the potential protesters are present on FC, and with no disrespect to them, we do not wish to be a source of more potential "fuel for the fire".

Our apologies for this - certainly not an easy decision, but one that we hope you will all support, or at least understand.

If there are any members who have a view they want brought to the staff's attention on the subject, please feel free to PM any one of us

Kind Regards,

The Team"

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”