Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

The death of Fighter Control

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Green133

Re: The death of Fighter Control

Post by Green133 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:44 pm

dai wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:23 am
It will be so sad if FC closes. I do not post on it often now, but that is because I do not get out to catch aircraft on the hills these days because of ill health and covid of course, but I do look on here regularly to keep up withe the fabulous photos. Like several others here it will bring back sad memories of the Fox2 demise.
As said I am sure Covid has helped to lessen the post count with restrictions on travel also fewer aircraft about in general, plus I suppose Facebook has taken some of the members. If I was able to help Iwould but ill health prevents this, but I really hope some new helpers can be found, it will be a great loss.
That sums up what I'd like to say, (especially regards the very much missed F2)

Wrightc41

Post by Wrightc41 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 am

Hi all

Having read through the numerous comments thus far I would echo a lot that has already been said.

Firstly, I think a lot of people simply don’t appreciate just how much work goes into running and moderating this forum and if it it wasn’t for the ongoing work of the current administrators FC would long since have died. I think if you seek more volunteers and set out what you need them to do I am sure you will get some offers of help. As others have said already FC was also my first port of call when tracking down details of military movements.

Secondly, on members posting there are probably lots of colleagues on here who probably only visit military bases on an infrequent basis and so that might be the prime reason why many don’t post. I myself don’t visit that often and tend to report heads up movements. Having said that people can still contribute in other ways such as the FC mess for example.

Finally, on improvements to the forum I actually don’t think too much needs to be done. I think it works really well at present and on the whole most people are friendly and helpful.

Colin

Blue Diamond

Post by Blue Diamond » Fri May 28, 2021 10:24 am

Admin and mods are the unsung heroes of any forum and as a mod on a couple of other forums, I realise what a lot of work is involved and what a PITA it can be at times. So a big "Thank You" to the FC team for all the hard work that we members can all to easily take for granted.
Fighting 92 - The King Cobras
http://www.92squadron.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.92squadron.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”