Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Sonic boom complaints

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Blackcat1

Sonic boom complaints

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Interesting !? I've heard more powerful bangs when cars backfire! 😎

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-56125192
Last edited by Blackcat1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

C24

Re: Sonic boom complaints

Post by C24 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:02 pm

In many of the threads on FC there are members who insinuate the standards are lower now than decades ago.

In my day we were taught how to enter a motor car through one of the side doors. Happy Heather.

As someone who has only been sub-sonic in a Sea Venom, where do our ‘lads & lasses’ train for combat at speeds in excess of Mach 1?
Apart from reaction time being less, doesn’t the aircraft handle differently at those speeds?

All comments welcome

😷 🌈 👩‍⚕️ 👨🏽‍⚕️ 🧑🎓 👩‍💻 👩🏻‍🔬
Stay safe
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:36 pm

OK it was an unexpected bang but surely over & above the RAF say 'Yes it was us on a QRA Shout' or 'Opps Sorry our mistake hardly' a newsworthy item & nope nobody really almost died or any of the other sensationalised comments.

Would rather have a sonic boom on a QRA than an unidentified aircraft pancake on London ( Or anywhere else).

Tooks

Post by Tooks » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:19 am

If a sonic boom slipped some roof slates, then I wonder if the roof was fit for purpose anyway?

Likewise how secure that picture was on the wall?

I’m only surprised that the number of claims weren’t higher, given the nature of people at the moment,but then perhaps it helps restore my faith a little.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”