Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Complaints from Gwynedd residents soar about RAF Texan

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
mikey556

Re: Complaints from Gwynedd residents soar about RAF Texan

Post by mikey556 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:58 pm

I live in Snowdonia, the whingers and moaners are generally people who have moved here for the beautiful scenery and peaceful surroundings,and are the MINORITY not the majority. Most people here accept that military aviation training is part of everyday life in North Wales ,and understand the need for our military to train hard in a challenging environment.Me personally, I think it's great , Texans,Hawks ,Chinook and thats just a murky day in February !!, as usual a few moaners grab the headlines

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:57 pm

Chipmunks presumably AEF for ATC/CCF cadets. Organisations that take youngsters "off the streets" and give them discipline and much, much more. Maybe the complainers would rather have had them idle, bored and causing trouble instead!

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:09 am

mikey556 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:58 pm
I live in Snowdonia, the whingers and moaners are generally people who have moved here for the beautiful scenery and peaceful surroundings,and are the MINORITY not the majority. Most people here accept that military aviation training is part of everyday life in North Wales ,and understand the need for our military to train hard in a challenging environment.Me personally, I think it's great , Texans,Hawks ,Chinook and thats just a murky day in February !!, as usual a few moaners grab the headlines
I was at the Brigands Inn , Malwydd year before last, there was a little old Welsh lady sitting outside that lived nearby, 2 F15s flew by low and fast , she got up with a big smile and waved at them ! She looked at me and said that was marvelous it's been so quiet recently! 😊
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Molitor5901

Post by Molitor5901 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

I was based at Valley for 2 years in the 80s, and the locals ALWAYS moaned about noise.
They were still moaning when the Hawk T2 came into service, claiming it was noisier than the T1s...
Those new double/treble glazed windows dont pay for themselves...
Canon EOS 300D. 20D,50D,7D, Canon 10-18mm STM, Canon 18-55mm IS, 55-250mm IS, 18-200mm IS, 70-300mm IS USM

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:28 am

I wonder if all the people whinging and moaning across the media platforms, about those whinging and moaning, understand irony?

Spend quite a bit of time in the general Porthmadog area with friends/family and farms there, the last time being October 2020 when legally allowed. I certainly enjoyed the T2 daily alarm call as they entered the mountains and also the helicopters and T6's too. As much as I enjoy it, so no issue for me, an observation is that the T6's are certainly more noticeable.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”