Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What is this aircraft up to?

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
jingernut

What is this aircraft up to?

Post by jingernut » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:14 am

Saw this flight today, Swiss Airf Flight 70 and wondered what the track was all about? Came up from Saint Malo in France and then over towards Marham.

Imageswiss-flight-70 by Matthew Hearne, on Flickr

jingernut

Re: What is this aircraft up to?

Post by jingernut » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:17 am

Currently on 124.150 saying their mission is to do nine lines, north to south and vice versa for 1.5 hours.

Not sure why though?!

toom317

Post by toom317 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:22 am

It might be doing an aerial survey. Looked it up and it appears to have an opening in the bottom for a camera.
No one gets out of life alive.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 am

I'd suggest doing aerial survey work, there's been a lot of this going on with the quieter skies, especially in the early days of lockdown, covering a lot of the country, seen a lot on flight tracker apps and indeed over my house. It's not Swiss Air Force btw but Swiss Flight Services who are an aerial survey company.

Undertaker

Post by Undertaker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am

Beech 200 HB-GLB and yes a Survey aircraft, it has been over the UK many times in the last few months

jingernut

Post by jingernut » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 am

OK thanks.

3Greens

Post by 3Greens » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Agent K wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 am
I'd suggest doing aerial survey work, there's been a lot of this going on with the quieter skies, especially in the early days of lockdown, covering a lot of the country, seen a lot on flight tracker apps and indeed over my house. It's not Swiss Air Force btw but Swiss Flight Services who are an aerial survey company.
Think you're spot on there. We had regular visits to our area in late May of a Beech350ER 2-WKTJ which resembles an MC12W with its attachments thought it was a new member tothe Waddington fleet but from Diamond Aviation at Gamston.
Aerial pics of my place for the search ap 'what 3 words' show very recent vehicle in my drive :ninja:

3Greens :thumb:

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:24 pm

3Greens wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:29 pm
Agent K wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 am
Think you're spot on there. We had regular visits to our area in late May of a Beech350ER 2-WKTJ which resembles an MC12W with its attachments thought it was a new member tothe Waddington fleet but from Diamond Aviation at Gamston.
Aerial pics of my place for the search ap 'what 3 words' show very recent vehicle in my drive :ninja:

3Greens :thumb:
Cover yourself in tin foil, they're watching and listening to you!!!! :D

Interesting stuff tbh and to hear that too, there's a lot of survey work going on for sure. I have a friend in ATC covering Luton and Essex and she says she's spoken to a lot over these past few months.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”