Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more...
A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
- Posts: 3031
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 pm
I would like to convey my sincere condolences to the Family, Friends and everyone at RAF Lakenheath about this extremely sad news. R.I.P.
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am
- Location: East Midlands, UK
A very tragic day and such sad news. My thoughts are with the whole family at Lakenheath and with the parents and next of kin.
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am
- Location: Suffolk
RIP blue skies my friend
- Posts: 2455
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:52 am
- Location: In the 51st State of the Union
My condolences to the family and to the personnel of the Squadron
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:45 pm
- Location: Kidsgrove, Staffs.
Thoughts are with the family and all those at RAF Lakenheath at this truly sad time..RIP Sir, blue skies.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:20 pm
RIP God Bless
- Posts: 6500
- Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm
Tragic news. My condolences with the family and the 48th FW, a sad day.
Last edited by MRTT
on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 574
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:08 am
Sad news. My heart felt condolences to the family and all our American friends at LN & Mildenhall
- Posts: 163
- Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:08 pm
- Location: Suffolk/Bristol
My deepest condolences to the pilot’s friends and loved ones.
Rest in Peace.
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 am
- Location: ashton in makerfield, uk
Sending thoughts and prayers to the pilots family friends and colleagues on the base, with my continued gratefulness for their steadfast service to us
The wider community of enthusiasts who frequent the viewing areas around Lakenheath and Mildenhall (or around any base for that matter) regard the personnel and activies that go on there as part of an "extended family" to them and I'm sure will be feeling somber and somewhat empty this evening.
The next time i'm fortunate enough to be down the bottom end of 24 (curse this wretched covid19) I will be paying my respects.
May Blue Skies stretch forth, my friend.
Stay safe all
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 pm
Rip very sad
- Posts: 106
- Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 8:50 am
- Location: 6 Miles SW of VLN
Blue Skies, Sir
AOR, Signal, Yupi, (VHF/UHF MilAir).
Kenwood (HF Air).
SBS-3, 360Radar, PlanePlotter.
- Posts: 4212
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 am
- Location: lincoln between scampton and waddington
very very sad news, condolences to family and friends and the 48th FW and to everyone involved in SAR my thanks go out to all of you just a great shame it was not a better outcome for all your efforts.
RIP Young gun fly high in blue skies
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm
- Location: Stroud
Very sad news, my heart felt condolences to the family and all at RAF Lakenheath.
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am
Sad outcome to a tragic event. My thoughts and condolences are with the pilots family, friends and colleagues at this awful time.
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:32 pm
Very sad news condolences to the family
- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am
Very sad end to the story, my condolences to his family and friends and also his extended family all those stationed at RAF Lakenheath.
- Posts: 644
- Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:59 pm
A sad day. RIP Chosen 04. Nice touch with the banner, Mods.
- Posts: 563
- Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:31 am
- Location: South East Ireland.
Heart felt sympathy to the family, friends and co-workers. Many he Rest In Peace.