Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Remembering The Jet Set...........

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Unknown74

Remembering The Jet Set...........

Post by Unknown74 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:37 am

Was watching the PBS America Channel and to my surprise on came the STV Made Jet Set Programme narrated by Ewan McGregor about 15 Sqdn Tornado GR.4 Trainee Pilots at RAF Lossiemouth, always remember how well made it was. Anyway got me thinking I wonder now that the Tornado GR.4 is out of service what these Trainee Pilots are flying now? Typhoon? Lightning? or not flying now?

Agent K

Re: Remembering The Jet Set...........

Post by Agent K » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:32 am

Unknown74 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:37 am
Was watching the PBS America Channel and to my surprise on came the STV Made Jet Set Programme narrated by Ewan McGregor about 15 Sqdn Tornado GR.4 Trainee Pilots at RAF Lossiemouth, always remember how well made it was. Anyway got me thinking I wonder now that the Tornado GR.4 is out of service what these Trainee Pilots are flying now? Typhoon? Lightning? or not flying now?
All of the above and I’d assume some will go onto the transport and ISTAR and training fleets too.

acw367

Post by acw367 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:47 am

duplicate
Last edited by acw367 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

acw367

Post by acw367 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:55 am

Unknown74 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:37 am
Being pilots you can of course find most of them on Linkedin etc. Won't put the names of each individual on here, but you should locate them as easy as I did.
One is with the Team TEMPEST Rapid Capabilities Office. Another is a trials officer on 41 Sqn Typhoon. A couple are airline first officers with the likes of Jet2. One is quoted in an american military article as having ejected from a Tornado in a take-off emergency in Kandahar in July 2009.
Of the instructors, one is Officer Commanding RAF Spadaedam while another is Commandant of No 6 Flying Training School. One is Managing Director of Affinity Flying Training Services.

Pi

Post by Pi » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Serving fries in MacD's !

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”