Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Machloop ban

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Blackcat1

Re: Machloop ban

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Now that's the day Tornado should have had its last Blast!!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Neil-PearlJam

Post by Neil-PearlJam » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:53 pm

Supra wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:36 am
Crazylegs,
Neil-PearlJam wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 pm
Anyone hearing any news about the ban being lifted yet? I thought it was up for review March/April
Airline-speak...."Ladies & Gentlemen, take a good look around you as sometimes the nearest information maybe behind you!" or in Preacher mode "Seek & ye shall find!"
It aint April yet & there would've been overly-excited persons all over this page with news had it happened?
Remember, tomorrow is the 101st Anniversary of the RAF.....watch your six! ;)
I was with you all the way up to ‘Airline Speak’
I Know Someday You’ll Have A Beautiful Life, I Know You’ll Be A Star..In Somebody Else’s Sky

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:22 pm

I think he means read the thread as it will answer your question!

Supra

Post by Supra » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 pm

I could've said see 8 posts before yours Mr 'Lazylegs'....but by giving a serious clue that reading the Topic prior to posting can provide the answer to a query, I was hoping to nurture some interest into the Members for reading the previous Posts before requesting others to do the research for them. :)
Airline-speak = Each time you get a Commercial pre-flight safety briefing, the Stewardess says what I posted , with 'emergency exit' in place of 'information'. ;)
Nighthawke is on the case! :thumb:

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:51 pm

I'm fairly fluent in the language of Subtlety - at least translating it, less so using it :lol:

C24

Post by C24 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:57 am

I was very tempted to post a bogus link informing the world of Typhoon resumption but only inverted flight.

It would have gone down like a lead balloon and the mods have already started to mark my card, so I bottled out.

By the way, did anything come good with the Italian spaghetti tree project? ;)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Lemon371

Post by Lemon371 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 am

Anyone know any news on the ban yet

Green133

Post by Green133 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:48 am

Lemon371 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 am
Anyone know any news on the ban yet
Still on as far as I can see, though a chink of light has appeared in the form of a few hawk flights reusing the loop.

Reptile 1

Post by Reptile 1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Green Light for 4FTS T2's and Texan's.

RedsSnapper

Post by RedsSnapper » Tue May 07, 2019 12:05 pm

cj9ru wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:58 pm
It is pretty sad all the bad feeling this is causing. It appears the pilot concerned made an error but surely that could have been dealt with by a good 'old fashioned dressing down' or 'toilet cleaning duty' as per old days. As for the poster I can't really believe she did anything wrong by posting at all. On the other hand 'he' who posted that photo of the crashed Red Arrow that resulted in a fatality to aircrew ( and was pretty obviously such) should have handed those photos in and definitely should not have posted it.

Things change over time. I guess low flying as we knew it is going to be at an end as in most cases it is no longer required. I think back to the very early 80s when standing at the top of the old quarry ( about 80-100 feet ) on the way up to Glen Doll during Scout abseiling with my father and looking down on a Buccaneer! Now that was low flying!
Perhaps we should just be glad we got to witness it all.

Chris
If you're referring to the chap who posted the shot of a RAFAT aircraft going through the loop claiming it was the last shot of the crashed aircraft, it's worse than that - the aircraft he posted the shot of is still very much in one piece and flying - and as the tail number was clearly visible at the time it increased the distress caused to a number of people who initially thought that people were affected who were, in fact, safe and well. I find it appalling that the chap who posted that got less "stick" for it than Debbie did for the video.

C24

Post by C24 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:44 am

:roll:

Which reminds me of a DoE Award w/end whilst assessing Gold groups in the '80s.
I was heading north, near the top of Gunnerside when I was undertaken by a Tornado. The backseater looked up and waved as the pilot lifted to rise over the ridge.
Made my day :)
Someone I know followed a family car speeding along a Cornish road. A little boy & an older girl waving madly at the pilot. :roll:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”