Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Machloop ban

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Pune

Re: Machloop ban

Post by Pune » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 pm

The video in question is still there, take a look, then everyone will know what they are discussing.. :thumb:
https://twitter.com/dunibear/status/1054332235808161793
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

stuie492

Post by stuie492 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:45 pm

For all we know this could of been a pilot on his last flight before leaving the RAF.....awesome way to bow out......pity the mach loop nerds didn't see it that way 😂😂

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:49 am

Doesn’t matter if it was their last or their first, rules were broken and things can go wrong very quickly. The Fairchild AFB B52 incident a number of years ago is a prime example.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:31 am

Thunder is right. Play silly bu..ers in your private aircraft if you like when you are on your own. Lots of 'limit pushers' pushing up daisies, and have taken others with them.

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:13 am

stuie492 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:45 pm
For all we know this could of been a pilot on his last flight before leaving the RAF.....awesome way to bow out......pity the mach loop nerds didn't see it that way 😂😂
It’s “could have” and who are these nerds? The military? Or those who watch there? If you’ve any experience in flight operations you’ll know that rules are there for a reason and to break them is sheer foolishness.

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:36 am

Blackcat1 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:25 am
Someone posted a video on twitter of a Typhoon going through Cad a tad too low before going vertical. Haven't seen the video myself though but I think there are a couple of other reasons also.
we are now on page 6+ and can anyone show clear evidence of what was wrong with the flightpath? What was the pilot authorised to do? Or is it that he/she was caught on camera doing the job which included a slight bit of showboating during a normal climbout?

Go to RAF Coningsby during the practice sessions of the display Typhoon & see a similar flight profile; stand at RAF Scampton during winter training & the pair/gypo go over at similar heights and speed.

Watch the 2 videos clips posted earlier, then compare the subject Typhoon with those.

[Blackcat1, just using your post to save me typing ;) ] ;)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

KevinJ

Post by KevinJ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:46 am

From page 3 from Reptile 1:
"There's a few things that went on that lead to the 'temporary ban' in the Loop

The Typhoon is classed as performing aerobatics below 4000ft which broke the rule.
The sh*t storm on twitter with the RAF tagged creating a negative coverage.
Initially the ban was 'Typhoon Force' only (2nd Typhoon Ban)
Screenshot of the Typhoon STANEVAL Document posted on Twitter (Official Sensitive)
Ban extended to all RAF assets.
All 4FTS flightplans changed to avoid the loop for the 'foreseeable future'.

Ban does not include USAF,Army and Navy assets.

The Loop needed a 'Hard Reset' and hopefully things will go back to normal at some point. And the guy is still on Typhoon, he just went behind a desk for a bit but if anyone knows any Typhoon Pilot they will know that most of the time they are behind a desk anyway. (Serviceable jets v Pilot Numbers)"

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 am

Thanks KevinJ.
My apologies for not reading every post. mea culpa [ time for a cuppa]

If nothing else, my thanks for the video posters on Utube. I have instruction from my partner to investige a return trip to the area.
C24.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:08 pm

C24 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:36 am
What was the pilot authorised to do? Or is it that he/she was caught on camera doing the job which included a slight bit of showboating during a normal climbout?

Go to RAF Coningsby during the practice sessions of the display Typhoon & see a similar flight profile; stand at RAF Scampton during winter training & the pair/gypo go over at similar heights and speed.

So in that sense, it would be prefectly acceptable for the RAFAT to break into a full display routine the next time they transit the “loop”, after all they do it at Scampton everyday.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Thanks Kevin, all I heard was rumours re the Typhoon pilot, thanks for clarifying.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Just a shame this had to happen during the final months of Tornado.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:37 pm

By thunder young sir! There are two of us who do not read carefully before posting.

If I had read the thread carefully, I would not have posted anything. I was caught out by missing the " Typhoons are not..." As pointed out to me by Kevinj

I thought that my previous post was sufficient to act as an apology for getting things wrong.
The pilot was obviously in the wrong, as was i but he/she can fly 'em ;)

I thought that the Typhoon was deemed to be too low as an aircraft in a low fly zone, not that he was taken to task because his aircraft type was not allowed to do the manoeuvre.

Bye for now. :)

Edited
I probably would have posted ;)
C24.

stuie492

Post by stuie492 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Look we got people going on bout flight ops and giving there opinon bout flight safety and Christ knows what else....THE RAF are probably reading this and laughing there asses off

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Probably if they haven’t got anything else to do, however has it occurred to you that some members on here are maybe ex or even current service personnel and are well versed in what they say.

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:35 pm

stuie492 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm
....THE RAF are probably reading this and laughing there asses off
Thunder wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm
has it occurred to you that some members on here are maybe ex or even current service personnel and are well versed in what they say.
Hehe indeed...
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 pm

It's not as if he rolled it through Cad! 😉😊, That would have been a sight !
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

Dave934

Post by Dave934 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Blackcat1 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 pm
It's not as if he rolled it through Cad! 😉😊, That would have been a sight !
I've got photos of a Jaguar doing that !!!
Have never posted them on line though, in case it got the pilot in trouble.
Reading a lot of the posts on here, I guess I was in the wrong ! :pop:
Dave.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Jag & Harrier pilots were the best! Just a few weeks before the Typhoon "broke the rules", I was at Tal y Llyn when a Tornado came along low level before pulling up vertically and amazed a lot of tourists, as you say Dave, back in the day they did lots of manouveres before social media!!!!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

toom317

Post by toom317 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 pm

reheat module wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:35 pm
stuie492 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm
....THE RAF are probably reading this and laughing there asses off
Thunder wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm
has it occurred to you that some members on here are maybe ex or even current service personnel and are well versed in what they say.
Hehe indeed...
Being "ex" I find it strange that aircrew and other serving personnel are advertising to "enthusiasts" where and when they are going to go LL. That stuff must have, at least, the lowest level of security grading,(classified?), so when the RAF stop laughing their asses off, maybe they should take a long hard look at their personnel. "Need To Know" and all that! As for this guff about not posting anything dodgy on a forum, if they weren't doing the dodgy stuff in the first place, there'd be nothing to post about. All this bleating about keeping it quiet, does that mean you are all condoning the rule breaking, but it's ok as long as you can get pics? All this stinks of the Victor incident at Bruntingthorpe, when forums put a ban on posting pics of it, as if it never happened, and if there were no pics, we can all kid on it never happened.
No one gets out of life alive.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Always enjoyed watching them at low level myself, never bothered with photos much myself .
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”