Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Least favourite aircraft?

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
jindivik

Re: Least favourite aircraft?

Post by jindivik » Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 pm

a321 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:50 am
Mine has to be the Alpha Jet slow and boring, and why buy one when you could have bought a Bae Hawk. A321
HI A321,
I agree with you, they were bought to replace the Hawks at DERA/QINETIQ Llanbedr being used as Shepherd Aircraft as the Raf wanted the T1s back, the O/C at the time at Llanbedr was ex GAF pilot who I believe got them to replace the Hawk as the shepherd for the Jindivik Drone to be used on the Aberporth Range, they were still in Luftwaffe camo when operating from Llanbedr before painted Black when Llanbedr closed and they went back to Boscombe Down. I think 9 were bought 4 operational and 5 spares

the concerned

Post by the concerned » Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 am

You know what these type of posts are getting tedious as the title says your least favourite aircraft. But when you post something that people don't like oh dear they throw their rattle out the pram . My post was my opinion I do require or need other people's permission grow up :grr:

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:37 am

Blimmee! there was only one post expressing surprise you don't like the Mig-29 - mine - and I thought that was reasonably light hearted and also I reserve the right to disagree.

My least favourite plane is anything I have already logged :)

gyvespa

Post by gyvespa » Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 am

I always thought this was a bit of an ugly bug.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgley_Optica

I have seen one, it didn’t look any better in the flesh.
I bet most people have tried to forget them.
I like most aircraft, but this is low down on the list along with the Antonov AN2, an aircraft that when it appears at an airshow, gives you time to go for a pee, get a drink, grow a beard, etc and still see most of the first pass.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 am

Great - gives me a chance to get an unrestricted photograph :thumb:

wokka

Post by wokka » Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 am

Just reading through, its surprising how many people have voted for their ugliest aircraft in this "least favourite" poll. Personally I find that the uglier an aircraft has been designed, the more favourite they climb up my list!

Anyway, personally I find the Voyager hideous. Lets face it. Its just an A330 painted grey, the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had to fly in, and is a botch job of a tanker. It has no character and replaced the VC10 and Tristar. A murderous blubbering plasticated hulk of an aircraft.
Intolerant, cynical, sarcastic, old b******

https://www.flickr.com/photos/varcs/

jpickers56

Post by jpickers56 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:59 am

I have to agree with Wokka's choice of the A330, has very little going for it and have little desire to photograph one which speaks volumes, along with this would put the RAF E3D, another bland machine which does little to excite.

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 am

gyvespa I like the AN-2, saw one display at a small strip once, very impressive. Can't think of a least favourite other then the spam cans I see over my house most of the time, but they are least favourite, not hated, if anyone offered me a ride I wouldn't decline.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Tue May 22, 2018 12:14 pm

When flying the Andover E3 used to be my least favourite. Back in the day when you just turned up at an airfield and see what happened, you could be enjoying a busy day of flying at any military airfield then 115sqd would turn up and everything else would clear off and it was an afternoon of Andover circuits for the rest of the day!! As a kid my heart sank when one turned up.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Well, in the final reckoning, I don't REALLY care how ugly it is etc., It's still better than anything I own, 'cos I don't own one!!!. :(

tm74sqn

Post by tm74sqn » Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm

jakdaw wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:14 pm
When flying the Andover E3 used to be my least favourite. Back in the day when you just turned up at an airfield and see what happened, you could be enjoying a busy day of flying at any military airfield then 115sqd would turn up and everything else would clear off and it was an afternoon of Andover circuits for the rest of the day!! As a kid my heart sank when one turned up.
When I was at school in the 1950s it was Varsity T.1s of 115 Sqn! Unfortunately they had the same effect as the Andovers in chasing away aircraft (such as Hunter F.4s/6s, Venom NF.3s and Javelin FAW.4s), so not really good news.
TM74

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Tue May 22, 2018 1:46 pm

tm74sqn wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm
jakdaw wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:14 pm
When I was at school in the 1950s it was Varsity T.1s of 115 Sqn! Unfortunately they had the same effect as the Andovers in chasing away aircraft (such as Hunter F.4s/6s, Venom NF.3s and Javelin FAW.4s), so not really good news.
TM74
And now a civvy king air can pop in in between flights and do the job, oh for the technology we have today back then. Mine was Bucc, Phantoms, Jags, Harriers, Canbs et al getting scared off. Javelin would be towards the top of my list for a/c I wish id seen flying.

herc15

Post by herc15 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Old WW1 warbirds
i can't stand them, they are terribly boring to watch

Dazza37

Post by Dazza37 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:46 pm

the concerned wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 am
You know what these type of posts are getting tedious as the title says your least favourite aircraft. But when you post something that people don't like oh dear they throw their rattle out the pram . My post was my opinion I do require or need other people's permission grow up :grr:
Perhaps you should re-read your own original post? You stated that you're not a fan of the MiG-29, fine, nothing wrong with that, what people were responding to was your assertion (or opinion if you prefer) that the MiG-29 was/is tactically useless, which rather suggests you actually know nothing about it's 'tactical use'!
Just sayin'...

-Dazza
I rock, you don't...

C24

Post by C24 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:07 am

The_Edge posted " We all have a favourite aircraft ". Well, I'm not sure that I do, as already stated, " if it flies, I like it ". But to respond to the posted question in a boring manner:

The aircraft that I can hear but cannot see is probably my least favourite aircraft.

I enjoyed reading all the responses, interesting. :roll: ;) :D :) :thumb: :thumbs:

P.s. For the mods, would it be possible to increase the number of Smilies and please can we increase the number allowed to be posted at one time. I know that I'm a sad bstd but I love them :roll:

Have a nice day! :clap:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

gramp.t

Post by gramp.t » Thu May 24, 2018 7:28 am

F-35, Nuff said...

reheat

Post by reheat » Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Raspberry ripple Canberra.....dreadfull.
Regards,

Steve.

reheat

Post by reheat » Fri May 25, 2018 8:24 pm

reheat wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Raspberry ripple Canberra.....dreadful.
Regards,

Steve.

reheat

Post by reheat » Fri May 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Raspberry ripple Canberra and the Blackburn Beverley.....both horrible beasts!
Regards,

Steve.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri May 25, 2018 9:52 pm

I get the feeling you don't like the raspberry ripple Canberra then!

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”