Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Big Jet TV

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
wezgulf3

Re: Big Jet TV

Post by wezgulf3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 am

DavieB wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:22 am
Osprey555 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:54 am
I believe he nearly got arrested last week while trying to film the reds and pdf flypast
Wow sounds a bit extreme, the police were actually called (by who)? What were the circumstances?
He turned up in a Royal Park without the documents needed to film (needs 5 weeks prior notice supposedly) no one called the police, they were there already.

Wes...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32846945@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am

quid21 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:52 am
If you don't like it, don't watch it, no one's being forced to.

I don't know the guy, but really in the grand scheme of things, this really is a minor annoyance - clearly it's like someone commentating about a car race to some people who are racing drivers - lets not forget the master of gaff Murray Walker who both annoyed and entertained with his enthusiastic but sometimes off base commentary. No doubt he will improve - Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

And if you really think you could do better, then Youtube awaits and the internet will judge :thumb:

But it’s not a minor annoyance when he stops genuine spotters from visiting areas that have been available for years. Several spots at Heathrow are now out of bounds because of him, he calls ahead asking for exclusivity in areas that no one else can then use. He has also caused issues at Manchester and something happened at Lakenheath last week with parking as well.

British Airways won’t have him back because of his attitude at one event. All because other streamers were there and he wanted it to himself. Dummy out the pram is an understatement.

I was at a media event at RAF Fairford when he interviewing the B2 deployment Commander and dropped more swear words in the interview than I care to remember. Who says to the highest ranked person available to interview “ yeah the weather is f*cki*g S**t this week”

I have absolutely no issue with people streaming but he charges a premium for utter dross when some are doing it far far better for free. But BigJet has a habit of leaving a trail of destruction behind him.

In my opinion, having been near him on many occasions he has little passion for the hobby he is just after the revenue that aviation streaming can bring in.

The Twitter & Facebooks groups that are against him aren’t bitter, they are just concerned what effect he will have on the hobby in the long term.

Wes...
Last edited by wezgulf3 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32846945@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm

wezgulf3 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am
But it’s not a minor annoyance when he stops genuine spotters from visiting areas that have been available for years. Several spots at Heathrow are now out of bounds because of him, he calls ahead asking for exclusivity in areas that no one else can then use. He has also caused issues at Manchester and something happened at Lakenheath last week with parking as well.

British Airways won’t have him back because of his attitude at one event. All because other streamers were there and he wanted it to himself. Dummy out the pram is an understatement.

I was at a media event at RAF Fairford when he interviewing the B2 deployment Commander and dropped more swear words in the interview than I care to remember. Who says to the highest ranked person available to interview “ yeah the weather is f*cki*g S**t this week”

I have absolutely no issue with people streaming but he charges a premium for utter dross when some are doing it far far better for free. But leaves a trail of destruction behind him.

In my opinion, having been near him on many occasions he has little passion for the hobby he is just after the revenue that aviation streaming can bring in.

The Twitter & Facebooks groups that are against aren’t bitter, they are just concerned what effect he will have on the hobby in the long term.

Wes...
A well written and thought out response here. Part of me thinks OK he's the one that made the effort to go make some money out of this when many could have so good luck to him, BUT, a far bigger part of me thinks about what damage he is dong to the hobby, and causing issues for genuine enthusiasts in the future.

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

[/quote]

I have absolutely no issue with people streaming but he charges a premium for utter dross when some are doing it far far better for free. But leaves a trail of destruction behind him.

The Twitter & Facebooks groups that are against aren’t bitter, they are just concerned what effect he will have on the hobby in the long term.

Wes...
[/quote]

Well said :thumb:
A woman phoned the BBC to say a hurricane is on the way. Well if you're listening, it isn't

100arw

Post by 100arw » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:55 pm

For the benefit of those who have not seen the "free" screening, but made comments about it. Just mute the audio if it suits:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v= ... 8fcdb3f657

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Absolute dreadful commentary, stuttering and stumbling his way through the whole broadcast. His knowledge is very poor and he is obvisously relying on second hand info whether it be from another device or person and just bumbles along without any thought. This comment made me chuckle

"Mum just said I don't know how he does it, he must be exhausted especially in this heat... he deserves a darn medal... She likes you Jerry, she's a fan..."

The only people that deserve something are those that have signed up for and paying for this s**te, deserving a refund.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Well said, Thunder :clap:

Total garbage :grr:

Managed a few minutes, then gave up, as the lack of any genuine knowledge is embarrassing :grr:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 pm

...........and here's the same tedious drivel for the benefit of those that don't use Facebook..................... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjMHrsx29g

jingernut

Post by jingernut » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Don't see anyone else doing 7 hours of video from any airfields?

It's not aimed at "enthusiasts" that's for sure. Not sure why people get so uppity about his knowledge (or lack of).

I'm never going to get to go viewing at Coningsby so for me it was a nice distraction.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:23 pm

But would you actually pay good money to watch it if it wasn't free to view yesterday? :whistle:

100arw

Post by 100arw » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:55 pm

People pay good money to drive many miles to viewing areas, where they can hear the same types of comments.
In viewing areas, you just blank or ignore those conversations. So what's the difference with viewing the stream and turning the volume off?

quid21

Post by quid21 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:59 pm

I think people should try and get some perspective - there are far greater events going on in the world today to be irritated by someone (one of millions) making a hobby out of putting stuff good or bad on Youtube.

If you think you can offer your expertise why not offer to do the narrating for him, make a business out of it together, rather than sitting on a forum moaning about how dreadful it is.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:08 pm

100arw wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:55 pm
People pay good money to drive many miles to viewing areas, where they can hear the same types of comments.
In viewing areas, you just blank or ignore those conversations. So what's the difference with viewing the stream and turning the volume off?
In all viewing areas you can move away from the plonkers that talk drivel, I know that because I've moved away from them many times at airfields, you can then hear the aircraft without listening to endless incorrect information being spouted by someone that doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

So why pay good money to listen to the aircraft and the incorrect info for 7 solid hours? :S

I'm sorry if I've just upset the members on here that pay subscriptions to this outfit.

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:17 pm

quid21 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:59 pm
I think people should try and get some perspective - there are far greater events going on in the world today to be irritated by someone (one of millions) making a hobby out of putting stuff good or bad on Youtube.

If you think you can offer your expertise why not offer to do the narrating for him, make a business out of it together, rather than sitting on a forum moaning about how dreadful it is.
As I said above, I have no issue with the idea, and some are doing a great job for free. The issue with Jerry is his arrogant attitude at Airports and bases are causing some issue for those of us that do travel to these places.

And yes I am aware of what is happening in the world, but when you invest 39 years and thousands of pounds into a hobby I am very passionate about, I will have my say about someone that in my opinion is harming it for no reason other than money.

Wes....

d555

Post by d555 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:58 pm

"In all viewing areas you can move away from the plonkers that talk drivel, I know that because I've moved away from them many times at airfields, you can then hear the aircraft without listening to endless incorrect information being spouted by someone that doesn't have a clue what they're talking about."

.. is that why I'm always left standing alone at airfields? :D

I've not seen this guy on BJTV but to be fair filming at the fence for 7hrs+ and try to sustain a interesting and factual commentary must be quite a challenge, even the great John Moston would struggle to commentate for that long.
Mind you, from the clip you shared I could only listen to him for a few minutes .He does sound like an irritating irk :)

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:45 pm

I take the view that usually if there is nothing interesting or relevant to say it's best not to talk at all!

scousefowler

Post by scousefowler » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Hes gonna ruin it - no doubt

GeorgeBomboWillis

Post by GeorgeBomboWillis » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:38 pm

I was at Coningsby on the 25th and moved away from his van. He was irritating, loud and not particularly knowledgeable, but if people want to join - do so on mute!

ap57uk

Post by ap57uk » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:08 am

Chatting to someone about this guy. Apparantly he was filming round the back at Stansted and asked 3 spotters nearby to be quiet as he was filming. They duly replied by singing at the top of thier voices !!

The sheer arrogance of the man asking people to be quiet in a public space shows what a !!@#er he is

RJ79

Post by RJ79 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 am

The great Richie Benaud once said 'I only speak if I can add to the occasion, otherwise I shut up' (or words to that effect) :)
ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:45 pm
I take the view that usually if there is nothing interesting or relevant to say it's best not to talk at all!
Cheers,

Rob

Nikon D60
Nikon 18-55mm lens
Tamron 70-300mm lens
Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt Scanner

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”