Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Was it a Spitfire?

Aly Bally

Was it a Spitfire?

Post by Aly Bally » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi Folks,
I was in the garden earlier when there was the district growling sound of an old aeroplane. I had no binoculars but I was convinced that I saw the distinct Spitfire wing on this aeroplane. Did anyone else see or hear anything?
He came in from the east over south Edinburgh and was heading westwards. I didn't have my watch on so I don't know the exact time.

Callum1998

Re: Was it a Spitfire?

Post by Callum1998 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Aly Bally wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:30 pm
Hi Folks,
I was in the garden earlier when there was the district growling sound of an old aeroplane. I had no binoculars but I was convinced that I saw the distinct Spitfire wing on this aeroplane. Did anyone else see or hear anything?
He came in from the east over south Edinburgh and was heading westwards. I didn't have my watch on so I don't know the exact time.
Yes indeed it would've been! It has just overflown my house in Dunfermline. It's a 2 seat model and has been flying out of Cumbernauld on experience flights all day, 5k for 50 mins apparently :Wow:

David Thompson

Post by David Thompson » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Probably T.IX PV202 from Duxford which had to call into LBA yesterday due to poor weather on his way north .
https://www.aircraftrestorationcompany. ... ire-pv202/ .
Youth is wasted on the young !

Aly Bally

Post by Aly Bally » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks to Callum and David for the information. I'm glad that my sighting was confirmed.

Return to “Edinburgh”